Chapter Three

The leaves crunched beneath my feet, my mother's twisted rant still echoing along the short driveway and the whole street. I rounded a corner and sprinted through the parking lot of this towns only gas station, Quick Pick Station. The tiny bell rang above my head and I took on quick look around before heading toward my business. The gas station clerk was making out with Trisha Meyer's aggressively, while Natasha Greene was standing next to them looking bored. I shuffled to the refrigerator section and back toward the counter.
"Freak," Natasha hissed at me as I threw my items down on the wooden counter. The boy finally separated his saliva stained lips from Trisha to reveal he was Tony Rendoza, a college aged boy who never went and now lives on his mother's couch and probably will live for his whole life.

Tony threw himself at the counter putting on a fake smile and said,"Wel..come to Quick....Piiiiick...Staaauuution. How can I help yooouuu, sir."
He exaggerated his words annoyingly so and started scanning the items
"Hey Calum, see any ghosts any time soon. Oh wait, what did you say last time," Trisha snickered.
"I think he said somethin' really deep....oh yah they aren't ghosts they are us in another life. Three, ninety two," Tony mumbled mockingly.
I threw the money at him and headed through the door. I glided my hands between my hair and stared at the police cruiser across the street. The woman in the car was smoking and had really red lipstick on. Her flawless nails lightly gripped the little tube of white