Speechless

Tess and Loki break away from their hug after a few seconds. Loki grins at it. "Thank you."

"You are most welcome, my star." Tess grabs the case holding it and sits down cross legged with the case in front of it, Loki mimicking it. "Before I tell you, I promise I'm being honest. If things had turned out differently, I would have prepared more to tell you. I was going to wait until you weren't so young. But I suppose life has surprises for us all."

Loki nods. "Tell me. I'll do my best to understand."

Tess lets out an anxious breath before opening the case holding it. Its corporeal body disappears from Loki's side and Tess observes him from the cube. Loki looks shocked by its disappearance. "My star, I am here."

Loki looks down at it in surprise when he hears its voice coming from the Tesseract. He stares at it in shock, speechless.

"I know it's hard to believe, but I'm the Space Stone. My brothers and sisters are the other five Infinity Stones. All of us are sentient, complex beyond life like yourself. We don't interact with other lifeforms much. In fact, there's only one person other than you I've ever spoken to, and as far as I know, none of my siblings have spoken with anyone else either."

Loki continues staring at it in amazement, seeming to be searching for words. "I, I thought it was a possibility, but I never let myself dwell on it, thinking it was simply that I was slowly losing my sanity."

Tess's body reappears next to Loki. It is probably much more comfortable for Loki to speak to a body than a cube. Loki stares into its eyes as it smiles. "You really thought it was possible?" Tess never expected Loki to guess what it truly is because of how outrageous the idea must sound to him.

"I had my suspicions. I don't think I've met anyone other than you whose brother is a gemstone," Loki says with a smile. "But I never allowed myself to truly consider it."

"It is insane, isn't it? That my siblings and I are sentient, not to mention that we exist. I would have thought I had lost all resemblance of sanity if I were in your position."

"It makes sense. You are extraordinarily powerful, and you control space. Your name is short for 'Tesseract,' and your brother is a gemstone. What really amazes me, what left me speechless, is that an Infinity Stone has an emotional attachment to me. It's rather intimidating."

"I suppose so. If it helps, you have left me speechless before too."