EPILOGUE

SUMMER OF 2O14, JUNE 21st.
📍 THE WHEELER'S BACKYARD.

Zephani's inner seven year old child would've never expected it to end this way.

"Pew, pew!" The Noel girl giggled, firing water from her water-gun at her best friend, Junior Wheeler. He gasped dramatically with a look of pure shock painted onto his youthful features as he glanced down at his now soaked clothes which were sticking to his skin.

He squinted slightly, eyeing Zephani as if he was preying on her. "You are so dead!" He─barely─threatened, his voice slipping out a crack in the process. "You are so dead!" the girl mocked in a high pitched tone, raising her hands up into a 'don't shoot' position. Her lips curled into a smug smirk which had left almost immediately once water hit the surface of her clothes. Her jaw had dropped even more dramatically than Junior's gasp.

The cheeky young girl with the ability to act out emotions really well couldn't miss this perfect opportunity. She dropped to her knees before burying her delicate face into her hands and choked out a sob, water-gun still in her hand.

Junior, being the age he was at the time, immediately thought she was truly upset. He dropped his toy in a heart-beat, running over. He kneeled down to her level, wrapping his arms around the girl. "I'm sorry, Zee." he apologised quickly, an aching pit of guilt forming in his stomach.

The Wheeler boy had been taught from a very young age to not hurt a girl's feelings, or anybody's for that matter. He was afraid that if Zephani's parents told his mother and father that Junior had made their little girl cry, he would be in big trouble, but the boy had zero idea of how to comfort her. "D-do you want me to get your mommy?" asked the boy, despite the wave of fear washing over him.

"No," she sniffed, "I need you to get.." Junior listened intently. "Get what?" The Noel girl smirked to herself. "Deez nuts!" she suddenly exclaimed, shooting him with water before he could even react to what she had just said.