Five: Aubrey Scarlett, You're Famous

It's been two weeks since Zayn left. We were almost going to announce he was no longer in the band.

We were on the stage and the lads were singing Spaces. I couldn't help but think of Zayn.

My eyes watered up and i sniffled. I stared at my feet, feeling like crap. I wiped my eyes and I headed back to the lads.

- Two Hours Later -

The Internet was blowing up. Fans were devastated and broken. I was just looking at their tweets. I didn't know what to say to them. I adore them with all my heart and I can't bare this pain.

There was a knock on my hotel door and I answered it. Aubrey came in and smiled faintly.

I knew she was a huge directioner. She absolutely loved Zayn. Doing the job she does always made her happy.

"I'm here to do your hair." She whispered.

She looked up at me and I could tell she had been crying. She sniffled and set out her hair supplies.

"Aubrey, you okay?" I asked.

She nodded and I sat in the chair. I turned on the radio and Night Changes came on. She put down her brush and I quickly turned off the radio.

She rested her hands on the table and sniffled. Before I knew it she was sobbing. I hugged her and she hugged me tightly.

"He didn't even say goodbye." She mumbled.

"It doesn't mean he doesn't care. He does. He was just-unhappy." I said, quietly.

She hugged me tight and buried her face in my chest.

"It hurts so much. After four and a half years he gave up on us. We loved him." She cried.

I rubbed her back softly and nodded. I shut my eyes and tears streamed down my face. I sniffled and looked up at the ceiling.

I could literally feel her pain. Then I thought about the millions of other fans and I felt their pain as well.

I hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

"He'll always love you guys. Believe me." I said. "Let's go out for some ice cream."

She nodded and wiped her tears. I wiped my tears as well and we headed out.

The fans screams' hurt my ears and they scared Aubrey. Her arms were crossed and she looked around frightened.

I pulled her in close and kept her safe from the crowd. This is the last thing she needed right now.

- Three Hours Later -

Aubrey held onto her sides as she died of laughter. I smiled at her as we got off the car. We went inside the hotel and turned on the t.v.

TMZ was on and it was talking about Zayn and the rest of us.

"So apparently Zayn said, and I quote,'I want to be a normal 22 year old'." One of the girls said.

They all laughed and I scoffed.

"Whether he sticks with One Direction or not, he was 1/5 of the biggest boyband in the world, he won't be able to live normally." They said.

They talked about Zayn for about ten more minutes while Aubrey and I watched silently.

"Also, Harry from One Direction, was spotted with a brunette." Someone said.

Aubrey and I sat up and watched intently.

"That's a surprise!" One said, sarcastically. "Who's this new one night stand girl?"

"Her name is Aubrey Scarlett. Apparently she's One Direction's new hairstylist." Someone replied.

"Harry! C'mon man! Don't get involved with your workers!" They laughed.

"Is that his new way of paying his female co-workers? With sex?" Another joked.

I gritted my teeth and Aubrey reached for my hand.

"Don't listen to them, Harry. They're just a bunch of low-lives." Aubrey smiled.

I nodded then smirked, looking at her.

"Do you know what this means?" I asked, smiling.

She shook her head no. She then sat up and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Aubrey Scarlett, you're famous."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Famous my ass. I'm just the media's topic. By tomorrow, nobody will remember me." She said, shrugging.

I smiled at her and she laid down on my bed. She stared blankly at the ceiling.

I just looked at her. She was perfect. She was charismatic and funny. My phone rang and i answered it, not looking who it was from.

"Hey Harry." Zayn said.

"Zayn." I simply said.

"How are you guys?" He asked.

"We're holding on. We're not the ones you should be worried about." I said, going out to the balcony.

"I know. I've seen their reactions." He paused. "Do you think they hate me?" He asked.

"You've been their idol for five years, they value you too much to hate you." I replied.

I glanced inside and Aubrey was still laying down, looking at the ceiling.

"Thanks." He said.

"You didn't even tell them goodbye." I said, keeping my eyes on Aubrey.

"I couldn't, Harry. It hurt too much." He said.

"They're hurt more." I said, hanging up.

I went on Twitter and after hours of thinking what to tweet I finally knew.

All the love as always. H

I shut my phone off and went inside and sat by Aubrey.

"Does he really love us? What's going to happen to One Direction? Is he going to explain this to us? Will he come back?" Aubrey said.

"We're not going anywhere. The rest of the lads and me aren't leaving just yet."

*********

a/n:

all the love x