The Date?

As I'm getting ready for my dinner, I start thinking even more while I'm in the shower.
He's married. This can't be a date. Maybe it's just a good deed, I mean we are friends. God I hope it isn't like I think, Jackie's so nice. I'll be hated.
I get a ring on my door and immediately run down. I get a little out of breath by running all the way down the spiral stair case but I make it. I live in a house not far from the White House, it's a grand house but very empty.
"Hello?" I ask before opening the door.
"Hello!" I hear Mr. Kennedy say.
He better be glad I live in a gated area, if not this whole area would be surrounded by people. I let him in without thinking about what I was wearing, I was just wearing a towel, my hair still soaked from the shower. I look at him my face and ears burning from utter and complete embarrassment.
"Do you need a bit more time to get ready?" He mumbles in slight flustered tone.
"If you don't mind." I say looking down at my state.
He stands at the base of my stairs, while I walk back to my room and panic over what just happened. I put on my brand new clothes and put on my best jewelry. I then run to the bathroom to dry my hair and brush my teeth. Lastly, before checking myself in the mirror, I grab my shoes. As I walk down the stairs I catch a small smile in my peripheral vision.
"To be fair, you were early." I jeered.
"My fault, I was just very eager." He explained.
We ran to the car with tinted windows so dark that nobody could see through them and then he opened the door for me. When we both got in the car, there were swarms of people, all with cameras and papers. I was so very overwhelmed.
"So, where are we going?" I asked him ignoring the obvious chaos.
"There's this great French restaurant not far from here." He answered.
"But that place is expensive, far to expensive for me." I gasped.
"Don't worry, I have it taken care of." He says calmly.
"Well I want to pay for myself!"
"But L/N that won't be necessary."
      That was the end of the conversation from there. We were sitting on opposite sides of the car with a space in between up big enough for one more person. I laid my hand simply to let it rest in the open space right when Mr. Kennedy did. We touched hands for a good 30 seconds before I put my hand back in my lap in a panic, red seeping on to my face.
"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry!!" I say quickly.
"L/N, I can assure you it's fine." Mr. Kennedy replied.
      We made it to the restaurant and someone opens the door for me, the president and I make our way into the empty restaurant.
"Why's it so empty?" I asked.
"I thought it would give us more privacy." He answered simply.
      He pulled my chair out and helped me in then sat across from me. I was focused on the menu to scared to look up. Though we've talked so often, this time it feels different. After I ordered there was nothing to distract me.
"So..." I start.
"I'm sure your wondering why I've brought you here." He says.
"Well yes."
"I just wanted to show how much I appreciate you, I mean how else would i get through my days without you." He awed on.
"I'm flattered, honestly I am, but this feels wrong in a way." I said quietly.
"L/N I can assure you you're not messing anything up by being here." He said reaching over to grab my hand.
"Call me Y/N please." I offered.
"Well Y/N," he brings my hand up to his mouth and smiles "it's only fair if you call me Jack."
      I feel his smile against the back of my hand, I almost feel as if he's mine, but i snatch my hand away as I see the food. I feel guilty. I don't even want to eat at this point. Do I really want to be the reason he's impeached. Of course not.
After we finished eating we got the check, which he then hid from my sight, and notified the chauffeur that we were leaving. We both got into the car and was at my house in no time. After he walked me to the door and tried to kiss me on the cheek. I turned away and looked him in the eyes.
"Look, the hand holding and tiny kisses needs to stop, you know I don't want to be a burden, please don't make me one." I said in a sigh.
"But you're not, you're so perfect and everyone loves you how could you be a burden." He exclaimed.
"I really don't want to ruin something perfectly fine! It's not that I don't like you, I like you too much. It hurts just being here right now." I say as a tear falls. "Goodnight Mr. Kennedy."
With that said I shut the door and prepare to take a sick day tomorrow. I watch from the window, I see him walking a tad solemn but he has to understand that I have to do this to keep his image. I lay in bed that night, thoughts of him swarming my mind, guilt and sadness especially.
————————————————————————
A/N: There's a Taylor Swift lyric somewhere in this chapter (Hint it's from red). Anyways I'm like super tired and want to sleep so good night!!!! Also did you know John was nicknamed Jack like I just found that out.