Fantastic Plastic [A Niam Story] COMING SOON

Niall Horan is a loser.

A big, fat loser.

And he knows it too.

He's the only senior in his graduating class who's never had a girlfriend or boyfriend (even the nerds date! What kind of society is this?!) or even been kissed by someone who's not his mum or Great Aunt Gertrude (who, despite her name, is not great at all.).

He's the leader of the Checkers club (student count: three), gets straight A's (and is embarrassingly devastated whenever he gets a B), and the only sport he actually enjoys is cross country, and you don't exactly interact with actual other people in cross country (believe him, he's tried. Results included being tripped into the grass and loss of air in lungs from trying to talk and jog at the same time).

On top of all that, he still has his toy box in his room. It's not like he plays with the old toys (okay, only sometimes. For sentimental reasons. It's whatever, okay?). Every one of his peers that's been his room has made fun of him because of it. He's sick of it. What's so wrong with having a little bit of innocent, childlike fun sometimes? At least he's not doing drugs or something.

One night, however, after a particularly sucky day, Niall wishes on a star to have someone that loves him unconditionally, loves him for who he is.

He doesn't expect his wish to be granted, and he certainly doesn't expect his old Liam doll to come to life, to turn into a human, and claim he's Niall's boyfriend.

His cousin had given him the Liam Payne doll after she got the ever so popular Danielle Peazer doll and didn't want them to be a couple, about thirteen years ago. He's kept the pretty little plastic thing is pristine condition, since it was a gift and his mum taught him better than to ruin a gift ("But muuum! It's a girl's doll!" "Niall honey, be grateful!").

Liam's all stiff muscles and bright white teeth and perfect schoolboy attitude. He knows everything about Niall, from what toothpaste he uses and who his first crush was, all because Niall's kept him for so many years.

Niall's baffled (he has to pinch himself a good amount of times to get it in his head that this is actually real) and doesn't know what to do in such a situation. However, he thinks, it shouldn't be that harmful to maybe use Liam's adoration for him to his advantage, right?

He decides to show Liam off to the people at school, to show that he isn't a loser, and he is cool enough to have a boyfriend. He teaches Liam proper teenager etiquette and actual human etiquette, and Liam is eager to learn, especially from Niall, whom he's completely smitten with.

Niall just doesn't want to admit he's getting a bit infatuated with the doll as well.