Prologue

"Mom, I don't want that course, I don't want to be a lawyer" i said already tearing up. i always obey them, they're my parents i chose to be with them. sinusunod ko ang mga utos nila pero isa lang ang gusto kong kapalit, gusto ko ako pumili ng pangarap ko. hindi sila. mom faced me and slapped me, i felt a sting on my heart.

“stop it already, gav. you will take that course and wala kang magagawa. wag mong hintayin na gawin kong IMPYERNO yang buhay mo.” diin niya sakin.

this is the first time mom got mad at me. this is the first time she slapped me. i don't know what to feel.

“you're a DEL VENICE for god's sake gavreel. just this once be perfect for us, for your family." i looked at her with my eyes fuming.

“what? once? fucking once? i tried i really tried to be perfect that wasn't enough? good grades, graduating with honors, pretty, and loving you all? that wasn't enough?” i said

my tears were already falling down. all my life i chose to be perfect, for them, for their name even for myself. but that wasn't enough?

“this isn't family” chelsea said. “what do you mean chels?” mom asked, really? she's really gonna ask that?

chelsea chuckled “you call this family mom? i call this manipulation. comparing us to other people, blackmailing us to obey you?” i was shocked when she said that.

chelsea doesn't talk alot, thats why i'm shock. i'm not used to see her like this. but i'm grateful having her.

“stop that nonsense chelsea. kahit ano pang gawin niyo, you both will take law. end of discussion.” dad said.

oh to be loved by parents. being perfect is over.