ASHES TO ROSES

XVI

Beverly Hills, California 9/15/2021 (8:15 am)

-Rivera Elementary School-

"On your mark, get set... go" Beyoncé yelled out to Blue, Sir, and Rumi as they raced to Jay. She watched as she walked over in her heels to everyone.

"I won that time, I won!" Rumi cheered proudly.

"whatever" Blue mumbled.

Rumi looked up at her sister and frowned. Beyoncé didn't like one bit of Blue being the reason why Rumi's face had turned sour. She remembered how close-knit she was with Solange growing up and wanted the two to have that same relationship.

"Now Blue that's not how you talk to your baby sister.... apologize." Beyoncé said back.

Blue huffed and then turned to her sibling who had a smile plastered on her face. "Sorry, Rue-Rue. You did a good job. Mommy, can I go in now?"

Jay smiled and adjusted Blue's backpack. "are you excited to be back in school today?"

"duh! can I go now? Mom... dad please!"

"Alright alright, you can go."

Blue kissed her parents and ran into the courtyard. Jay and Bey followed her with the twins beside them attempting to blend in with the other parents and take their kids to their classroom lines. Despite the people watching them and identifying who they are they were enjoying normality.

"Baby this is a bad idea..." Beyoncé whined.

She nervously approached the group of children and stood there amongst other parents. Jay knew that she wasn't used to being hands-on with the kids when it came to school. He's been dropping Blue off since she started practicing self-defense with Marcus.

"You're fine Bey relax." Jay said in her ear low enough for only her to hear. He was truly trying his best to give his wife what she had longed for, peace and normality... no more drama. starting with parenting.

"Hey, Beyoncé right?" She heard a voice call out.

To her surprise, it was Claire standing there with her daughter. Bey forced a smile and walked over to give her a side hug. Although they are cordial she still feels awkward about their last run-in.

"what are you doing here?" Jay added.

"well Ryan and I were dropping off my niece, She's actually in Blues class."

Beyoncé looked over to see Blue laughing and playing with another girl. She wore a huge smile on her face as they danced around in line. Her eyes started to water up a bit and she quickly wiped a developing tear away.

"everything okay baby?" Jay said concerningly

She nodded and smiled faintly. "Blue she seems so happy...really happy"

He smiled as he held his wife's hand in comfort, soothing her heightened emotions.

"I know this may be too much to ask you guys for but I was thinking maybe she could hang out with Blue every once in a while."

Beyoncé couldn't agree more. She knew it was very difficult for Blue to maintain a social life with all that they had going on as well as her being dragged out of school. So she figured that Blue could enjoy the company.