第1章: Back in Time [1/2]

"It's hot..."

Su Bei feels like she's burning, as if something is pressing down on her.

'Get it out of me. I can't breath!'

But with Su Bei's intense desire for survival, though with great difficulty, she finally opened her eyes. Though what chatches her eye is the large white umbrella with the words [Huaxia Men's Hospital] printed on it, as it hung under the lamp.

The dim light shines through the umbrella's surface, and you can vaguely see the spider webs with insects hanging on the other side of the umbrella, as well as the traces left by the rain when the roof leaks.

'Am I dreaming?'

The familiar room she is in made Su Bei feel as if she had passed away, and she was so familiar with it that she wanted to cry.

Then, she heard the subtle noises of someone rummaging through the house. Su Bei's eyes twitched as she looked around and saw the figure of a young man in white, moving around with the help of the little lamp.

The young man is by the bedside, searching for all the fabric he could find in the house, and when he found one, he would cover Su Bei with it. From time to time, he would turn the wet towel on Su Bei's forehead and put it on again. His movements are urgent and awkward.

"Su..."

Su Bei struggled, trying to push the "Five Finger Mountain" away, which was pressing down on her. Her little mumble caught the boy's attention.

Almost instantly, the boy turned his head, his eyes sparkling with fear and panic. "You're finally awake! Don't move." Noticing Su Bei's attempt to sit up, he quickly rushed over, suppressing the "Five Finger Mountain" that Su Bei was trying to move away, while also covering her with a military coat, finally finishing by pulling the sleeve's hem down. "Are you feeling any better? Are you uncomfortable?"

Su Bei blankly stared at the boy dazedly, before shaking her head then mumbling: "I want to drink water."

Not long after, the back came back with a glass of water, handed it over and hugged her from behind.

Looking at Su Bei whose head is lowered, drinking her water, the nearly lost joy in his heart had been long forgotten, as the boy's pent-up emotions finally exploded. "Are you an idiot? I told you when I'm not with you, don't try and provoke those people, you didn't listen and you stupidly went ahead, thankfully you're better now."

Leaning against the boy and smelling the faint soapy scent of him, Su Bei finally believed that she isn't dreaming.

Listening to the boy's reprimanding, Su Bei's nose ached and she starts to cry with a: "Wow."

"Hic, Su Xiaobao!" Tears flowed down from her eyes as if she didn't need any money.

Looking at Su Bei and the sudden crying and loss of voice, the teenager called "Su Xiaobao" panicked: "I didn't say anything, why are you crying?"

He only said a few sentences, why is she feeling wronged?

Besides, it was Su Bei who didn't listen to him, she was to the bathroom with those girls.

He was scheduled to clean the school infirmary today, though when he came back, he didn't see Su Bei anywhere. Though, when he finally did find her, she was in one of the locked cubicles inside the school's girl's bathroom, drenched and crouching in the very corner of the cubicle.

Su Xiaobao's felt angry as his mind circled back to that time. (T/N: The original sentence was Su Xiaobao's eyes turned red or blushed at the though of that time. But I though that not many would not know what the term eyes turning red mean, so I just typed in the literal meaning.)

Every day, the girl's carefully combed hair would be left scattered and messy. But eben with it being so, it couldn't hide the angry swelling on her face. Not only on her face, but also on her body, there are also many traces of handprints. The school uniform she would wear would be found thrown into the dirty toilet, making it impossible for her to wear it again.

If he hadn't been in a hurry to take Su Bei away, Su Xiaobao would have wanted to rush to find those despicable people.

Su Xiaobao: "Don't be afraid, it's all right now."

Su Bei shook her head. She wasn't crying because of that. But only Subei knew that she is going through more than that. While in Su Xiaobao's eyes, this was just an afternoon scene.

Su Bei and Su Xiaobao were born in the countryside. The woman, Su Mei, disappeared shortly after giving birth to them.

Grandma Wang was hired by Su Mei to take care of her in the village during her pregnancy. After Su Mei left, Grandma Wang felt sorry for the twins and adopted them.

Their father is unknown, and their mother ran away. In the eyes of others, the twins naturally became a type of wild species with unknown origins.

Ever since she was a child, Su Xiaobao and Su Bei have always been bullied by the children around them.

And it's the same at school.

When they said "going to the bathroom together", it really meant she had been forcibly dragged into the girl's bathroom by those girls.

As for the surrounding students who were watching her, they told Su Xiaobao that she had gone to the bathroom with them, and then some would simply say: "I don't know."

Subei's last memory in this world was about the bullying incident.

When Su Xiaobao found her, Su Bei had already lost consciousness and had a high fever.

Su Bei thought she was going to die.

However, when she opened her eyes, she found that her consciousness had enteted another world. Another body.

She spent a few years in that world in a muddle-headed manner.

During those years, Su Bei did not have a good time. The physical condition of her hody was so bad, that most of her time was spent in bed, reading.

Some have said that she was burned out by the high fever, but Su Bei knew herself that it was all because she was incompatible with her body.

After living there for four years, Su Bei eventually died due to inflammation.

The four years experienced in the other world was like an incredible dream.

And now, she's back again.
— —

"Su Xiaobao, you're terrible to me."

”I'm not, when was I terrible to you?"

"Just now."

Su Xiaobao's voice faltered. "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the others... Forget it, I won't be mean to you. I'll let you do whatever from now on. Don't cry."

"Then who in our family has the final say?"

"Up to you."

"Then am I your older sister?"

Su Xiaobao, gritting his teeth: "If you say so."

Hearing this, the corners of Su Bei's lips rose slightly while her cheeks began to ache.

After rubbing her snot and tears onto Su Xiaobao's clothes, Su Bei raised her head to look at Su Xiaobao.

"Then call me older sister."
.
.
.
.

____________________________________________

First one done!