The beginning

Every story needs a beginning. Everyone in the world needs a place to start. For most people it's when their first born. For others it's when their starting a task and intent of finishing it. For Booker his story was only just beginning.

Booker Dewitt was a grouchy fellow. Like when a stubborn piece of gum sticks to the bottom of your shoe that you just can't seem to get off. Well Mr Dewitt was even worse. A lot worse.

He went to work came home ate slept and repeated. Never stopping the cycle for no body not even his wife. Don't get him wrong he wasn't uncaring not in the slightest. But he was a working class citizen on the streets of 1892. He needed his money and he intended to get it.

Booker DeWitt stepped out of his house into the crisp winters air. The ice cracked under foot as he stepped onto his path locking his front door behind him continuing on. The streets where empty in this time in the morning and Booker liked it that way. Booker inhaled the fresh cold air that lightly stung his eyes. The breeze was refreshing and Booker sighed in contentment.

Booker was walking on his own quietly before his whole body went rigid as a log his foot had stepped off a ledge or something. Booker glanced down just in time as his body fell forward into some kind of portal. His vision blurred a bright white before being greeted by a wooden ceiling above him. Not even a second later his back collided with a hard wood floor.

"Ow.." Booker winced looking up seeing a dapper man with short ginger hair emerald eyes and freckles dusting his cheeks. Then a woman looking almost exactly the same. Booker looked up at the man and blushed lightly mentally scolding himself.

"Hello Booker Dewitt i am Rosiland Lutece and this is Robert Lutece and we're here to help you."