"Different"

Kang Yo-han is alexithymic, so is his father. This is why very early on he was able to know why he was "different".
He always received love from his mother and, although at a young age he could not define it, he still felt a connection with his father. He understood it and they understood each other because they were the same.
Due to his lack of emotions, he grew up being often misunderstood. He had great difficulty making friends and was seen as unapproachable, cold, distant. Still, that didn't stop Lee Ki-Taek from approaching him and quickly becoming his one and best friend.

Yo-han is now a grown man, his lack of emotions didn't stop him from doing what he wanted and he is now a judge.
He now works in a team of judges with his best friend and another colleague. Someone has joined them recently but due to his schedule he hasn't had the opportunity to meet him yet. He does not necessarily try to create a link but for a good teamwork, the best is a good understanding.

Today he has to judge a difficult case
in which the accused is charged with murder, however he claims his innocence.
He is only based on the facts to judge, so he does not know much about the case. He just knows that a man is accused of killing his girlfriend by stabbing her multiple times. When paramedics and police arrived, they found the man hugging the victim. His hands were covered in the victim's blood and there were only his fingerprints on the knife found. He was arrested on the spot.
From the day of his arrest, until the day of the trial, he hasn't ceased to proclaim his innocence.

Yo-han thinks that the evidences are very damning. He is therefore very curious to see how the defense will go about clearing the accused.

Entering the courtroom, he looks towards the defendant's bench and faces a young man with tears in his eyes and shaking, Kim Ga-on.