Chapter 10

"Manik come back to our world!" Cabir exclaimed while nudging him.

"Huh yeah what were you saying?" Manik asked and he moved towards the dining room. He could have sit on the couch but no, he wanted to see a glimpse of Nandini which can be seen from the dining room. He looked for her in the morning in their home but, she was nowhere to be seen. Thankfully, he got the idea of her being with Navya.

______________________________________________________________________________

They were having breakfast in silence since Cavya was in fighting mode and Manan was  not talking at all. Manik though he was angry on Nandini, he wanted her attention. He deliberately pushed his glass causing it to fall down and break into pieces. Everyone looked at him, he smiled because he found Nandini looking at him.

"what are you doing Manik? dhyaan kaha hai tumhara? leave this one and use another glass." Cabir said with food stuffed in his mouth. Nandini looked back at  her plate and Navya served Manik another glass of juice.  Her ignorance brought a frown on his face so, he took it further. He intentionally put his foot on the pieces of glasses which brought him immense pain. He hissed in pain and lifted his wounded foot. Cavya gasped on seeing the blood coming out, they got up and reached him in no time.

"Navya please clean this mess and I will treat his wound." Cabir uttered so fast that Navya stood there for a while processing what he said and she rushed to the kitchen to bring the broom. Nandini closed her eyes and tighten her hold on the spoon to prevent herself from running to Manik.

"Cabir, Let it be I don't want to get it treated." Manik said on getting no reaction from his lady love who was tormenting him.

"Don't act stupid Manik, this is serious." Cabir said in a serious tone.

"When I told you I don't want it means I don't want it" Manik whisper-yelled.

Nandini could not hold herself anymore, she got up and snatched the first aid box from Cabir. She went near Manik and sat on the stool that Navya had brought.

"Manik put your foot on my lap." Nandini ordered and he immediately obeyed her after all that was what he wanted. Though Cavya thought that Manik did this deliberately, they chose to remain silent and went away to give the couple some privacy.

Nandini restrained herself from looking at him and tried not to let her emotions come out. Everytime he winced in pain, she looked away and closed her eyes as if she was feeling his pain.

"It's done, please remove your leg from my lap."Nandini said while trying to remove his leg but Manik did not allow her by putting more weight on his leg.

"why are you not looking at me?" Manik asked her.

"Why should I look at you?" Nandini retorted.

"so we gonna behave like this now? After being together for  so many years?" Manik asked in a low voice.

"I am not going to repeat myself over and over again." Nandini said and removed his leg forcefully.

"I cannot Nandini... I know I did not agree for marriage but I did not leave you like you did." Manik yelled at her.

"Oh so now I am to be blamed? You cannot keep me on waiting like this Manik!" Nandini yelled back.

"I don't want us to be in a hopeless marriage." Manik said.

" Okay I hope you're happy with a broken relationship now." Nandini taunted him in pure anger.

"You cannot exaggerate things Nandini..I have their genes, I will mess up." Manik tried to explain to her.

"Manik the efforts you put to get my attention a while ago...if you had put that much effort in getting rid of your fear of commitment, we would have been way more happier today." Nandini yelled and left the flat. Manik's face got paled. She knew he was doing all this to get her attention.

________________________________________________________________________________

Few days passed but there was no improvement in Manan relationship. Manik thought of giving some time to themselves as this would give them some clarity. He kept himself busy in his upcoming album and mostly stayed in the studio itself. Nandini was trying to move on but it's not easy to forget someone whom you spent so many years creating blissful memories. They crossed every hurdles but why not this one? When will this end? When nothing works, it's better to leave everything on time to set all back to their places.