The Choice in War

Fritch awakened to the touching of his mother, he slowly stood up and looked at her eyes. She smiled at me and nudged her horn against mine, still caring about my well-being, my father soon walked into our cave.

Aragorn: Hey Fritch, slept well?

Fritch: As best one could get.

This got a chuckle out of them, we went to the local river and got a drink. Everyone bowed to us since we were the royal family and everyone respected us, our island was one of the biggest in the world as far as we know. We walked across the island, something that we three haven't done in a long time since dad's always busy and mom takes care of the injured, weak, or her garden. So this was a change and a good one at that I might add, but something didn't feel right and looked down.

Maia: Everything alright Fritch?

Fritch: Yes, just, I don't know.

Aragorn: You can tell us.

Fritch: Have you thought of exploring the world of meeting others.

Maia: We used to but over time we lost our magic so it's become difficult and even dangerous to explore. Trust me, I want to see more of this world too but without the powers, we used to have, we can't unless we risk dying.

Aragorn: I have to agree with your mother, I would like to explore but we can't. I'm sorry, son.

Fritch sighed but continues to walk with them, he breaths in the morning air and looks at the sky with its colors. They reach the middle of the island where there is a big rock that points straight into the orange sky, its shadow laying a carpet of darkness on the green grass.

Fritch: Why did we make this where we settle disputes? Why here for everyone to see?

Aragorn and Maia looked at each other with worried faces, they loved each other and their children but they argue a lot, their biggest fear is meeting here on uneasy terms.

Aragorn: Well—

Guard: Your majesty, you are needed. So are you my Queen?

Aragorn and Maia looked at Fritch before leaving him, he sighs and walks down the island, and sat on the end of the beach. He can hear the distant chatter within the island, no one wants to hang out with him because he's physically and mentally different than them. Aragorn and Maia are the only ones that truly care about him, no one else, not even his siblings. Speaking of siblings, his sister appears behind him.

Adira: Hello Fritch.

Fritch: (Silent groan) Hello Adira, hey Marengo.

Marengo: Hey Fritch.

Adira: Don't speak to my brother, he isn't even worth your time, honey.

Marengo just looked at Fritch with a worried face, besides Fritch's parents, is the only one who cares about Fritch. Not Adira and not Bucephalus, speaking of which, Fritch's brother appears as well.

Bucephalus: Why it isn't Fritch the prick!

Fritch immediately got up and left before his brother starts up another fight. He was tired of being treated like dirt, but that would never happen since. Bucephalus was the next heir as the oldest male while Adira was the oldest child, Fritch was the youngest and the most picked on.

Bucephalus: Fritch! I'm sorry!

Fritch however saw through that apology since it was a lie, Fritch knew how Bucephalus worked. He galloped somewhere private and when the dark prince arrived, he saw a rock and rammed it with his horn, breaking it into pieces. He went into the water, he stayed still until he pounced on a shark and ate it. He caught three before heading back to his home, he wanted to get away from this island.