Part 1

Beth's POV

We were both hopelessly staring into each other's eyes, but this time was different, this time I felt so much more than friends, I felt like we could have a future together.

Dougie Poynter, the boy I fell in love with at 15 years old, but we had never gotten as far as to take our relationship a step further. We were best friends, and honestly I couldn't think of a better person to tell all my secrets and have fun with...just as friends.

But here we are, looking at each other as if we have never cared about each other so much before or as if we have never loved someone else as much as we love each other in that moment. But if that was true, Dougie wouldn't be with one of my best friends, and I wouldn't regret the time that I had the chance to tell him how I really felt.

About 5 minutes had passed and we were both just looking at each other, I decided I should speak up, because honestly, having someone stare at you for 5 minutes is kind of creepy.

"Dougie."

"No, Beth, don't speak."

"What? Why?"

And before I knew it, his lips had crashed onto mine. He pulled me close to his body and I didn't want it to stop...but I knew it had to.

"Dougie."

He had now found his way on top of me and started to kiss down my neck.

"Dougie! We can't do this!"

He bowed his head in embarrassment.

"I knew it."

"You knew what?"

"You didn't like me the same way I like you."

"Dougie, I have been in love with you since we first met, It's just, you're with one of my best friends, it wouldn't be right."

"I'm not..."

"What? Dougie, what do you mean 'you're not.' what happened?"

"She cheated on me."

"What? Why didn't you tell me Doug? You know you can tell me anything."

"I know, but it wasn't something that I was overly upset about, I love you."

"Dougie, you're just going through a hard time right now, you won't feel this way in the morning. Try and get some sleep ok?"

Before he could protest I quickly turned the light off and darkness filled the room. I felt his warm hands press against my back as he swallowed me into a goodnight hug.

"Goodnight Beth." We're the last words that came out of his mouth that night, followed by a kiss on my forehead, which always gave me tingles every night he does it.

Hey guys, this is my Douglas fanfic, I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all because I'm writing this at 2:45 am and probably won't check it before I publish it.

Anyway, if you're reading this thank you and please don't forget to vote and comment to tell me what you think☕️