𝟭𝟮

12 — fucking sick

12 — fucking sick

🌬┊͙୭̥⋆*。

aetherviator would like to chat!

"OH HELL NO," XIAO SAYS OUT LOUD
upon checking his phone the following morning. "no fucking way i'm answering this one."

he hasn't even checked what the message is. albedo is still asleep. sucrose has also texted him, asking if he's okay. after typing a quick response, assuring her he'll tell her everything later, he decides to go for a walk on campus and call ganyu.

ganyu would know what to do.

she always does.

he fishes out his phone from his pocket, clicking the contact name 'least annoying sister' and calling the number. after only a few rings, she answers.

"xiao, i was waiting for you to call, how did your finals go?" of course that was the first thing she'd ask. she's in her third year, so she's one year behind xiao. she sounds enthusiastic, but her voice isn't loud, like his other sister, hu tao.

"i think i did okay. i get results tomorrow. i have a problem. i was hoping you could help." the wind whistles— blowing hot spring air. two butterflies float by in the wind, and xiao watches them twirl around one another, almost as if they are dancing.

"a problem," ganyu questions. he hears a shuffling noise on the other end before she continues. "what's going on?"

xiao sighs. "venti found my twitch, we started talking again, but he has a new asshole boyfriend who found my instagram and requested to message me." that wasn't entirely the truth, but if he were to tell ganyu everything, she'd be there for hours. ganyu and hu also know venti as venti— unaware of his identity as barbatos the rising star.

they know venti, for xiao would talk about him practically all the time when they were in springvale. ganyu knew venti as a boy who brought happiness into xiao's life. hu knew him as her partner in crime. and qiqi, well, she was only a toddler when he fell for the bard-like fellow. xiao now wonders if venti would like to talk to ganyu or hu again, now that they're considered friends again.

"venti, as in your old crush from high school venti? the one you said you never wanted to see again?"

"hold on, ganyu," xiao says imperatively, "i don't think i ever said that about him. that doesn't sound like something i would say about him."

"you're right, you wouldn't say that," she replies. she begins pacing the house as she speaks, "so, what's happening? he has a boyfriend now who texted you? what'd he say?"