Chapter 3- Should I?

Dan’s POV

I sit on the sofa and check my phone… again. I don’t want to seem desperate but I feel like I have to be around her all the time. The last 2 weeks have been difficult as it consisted of sleepless nights and checking my phone 24/7. Why hasn’t she called? Does she not like me?

 Leah’s POV

“Have you washed your uniform yet?” Shannon questioned. She threw my trousers at my head. “Check your pockets, last time you left a £20 note in there!?” I sift through my pockets and find a neatly folded piece of paper. “What’s this?” I mutter to myself. I slowly unfold it and see a phone number messily written on the surface. Shannon walks up behind me and grabs my trousers. I try to hide the note but she snatches it out my hand. I shout at her to give it back as she runs down the hallway. She stops abruptly and opens up the note. “So, are you going to call him?” “Call who?” I ask. How does she know who it is? I don’t even know. “Seriously you don’t know whose it is?!?” “No” I whisper, embarrassed. “Ok, I knew you were stupid but I didn’t think you were THAT stupid.” I look up at her puzzled. She giggles. ”IT’S DAN’S!!!”

 OH MY GOSH

 Thoughts race through my head.

 Why would he like me?

 Oh my… He’s gorgeous!

 Why the fuck would he like me?

 Is this a joke?

Shannon breaks my silence by asking if I was going to call him. Oops. I hadn’t thought about that. Should I call him? “I don’t know. I’m going to bed.” I take the note from her hands and run up the stairs.

2:45 Am. I can’t get him out of my head. I scroll through my twitter feed and notice that Dan had a new tweet –

 ‘Can’t sleep :( anybody want to chat??’

 Should I? Shouldn’t I? Should I? Shouldn’t I? I have no idea. For a while, I contemplated asking Shannon but I didn’t want to wake her. Ok. I’m going to have to do it eventually, why not now?