First

Summary:

The third part of the Mated (Heat/Rut) mini-series.

Now that they are newly mated and agreed to get over their fears and become an item, they enjoy their first.

🔥🔥🔥

Matt and Kelly both couldn't take their stupid grins off of their faces the next day after their confession. Since they can remember, they have been venturing into new territory from being best friends. Both boys are excited but also terrified of what's to come.

Matt sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal while he waited for Andy to come. Christie is older by two years, and she is already at University. She comes homes every few weeks for the weekend since she doesn't go that far. She is close enough to go home more often but still far enough to stay on campus, which leaves Matt home alone pretty usually. Both his parents are at work pretty constantly, seemingly wanting to avoid each other the best they can. Matt doesn't mind. He prefers having his parents out of the house more often because the shouting and hitting are not heard as much.

Ding Dong

Matt frowns, checking the time since Andy is usually late, but he is twenty minutes early this time. He gets up and opens the door but freeze in the hallway when he recognizes the familiar leather jacket. Matt's heart skips a beat, and he has to refrain from running to the door. Instead, he walks over and opens the door to find a smiling Kelly with flowers in hand.

"Morning, baby," Kelly says and leans forward and pecks Matt's lips.

"Kels? What are you doing here? I thought Andy was picking me up?" Matt asks but steps aside to let Kelly in.

"These are for you," Kelly says, handing Matt the bouquet of flowers, and Matt smiles brightly at them and hugs Kelly as a thank you. "I told Andy that I can pick you up. We have some stuff to talk about." Matt pulls back with a fearful look in his eyes, and Kelly smiles softly at him.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad," Kelly says, and Matt relaxes.

"Then what is it?" Matt asks as the two walk further into Matt's house.

"Well, for starters, this Friday. Want to go on our first official date together?" Kelly asked, a bit nervous about what Matt will say despite feeling Matt's calmness. Matt smiled goofily at Kelly, walked up, and slammed his lips to Kelly's.

"Yes," he said when he rested his forehead against Kelly's.

"Good, then after school, I will drop you off here and pick you in like an hour or so?" Kelly asked, and Matt shrugged and nodded.

"Okay," Matt said, grinning and coming back to eating his breakfast while Kelly wanders around the kitchen, making himself a bowl of cereal.

"Second thing. School," Kelly said and laughed when Matt's face dropped. They both hate school, but sometimes Matt acts as if school is worse than hell itself. "Do you want to come out to school?"

"Nope," Matt said quickly, and Kelly couldn't help but feel hurt. "No, no, no, not what I meant," Matt rushed out once he noticed Kelly's face. "I just mean not right now. At least not until our first date, and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I don't know maybe after your game which is in two weeks, we can-"

"You can run onto the court, and I will pick you up and spin you and then kiss like into those cliche movies," Kelly cut Matt off with a grin, and Matt only glared at him.

"Less cliche than that, but yes," Matt said with a bit more attitude than needed. Kelly only laughed, threw an arm around Matt's shoulder, and pulled him into his side.