Maatikichu Aadu

Ajantha's day beings with her waking before all and doing all the household chores. Not a single day goes without her in the house. But today seems a little different. She could actually feel it. Something is making her feel elated. As she woke up she found a letter note on her side table. The letter said,

"Hey Beautiful,
Today is going to be a very special day for both of us. I know how you take care of the entire family without any complaints. Today I am going to show you how important you actually are.
Open the purple package that I have kept for you in the cupboard. Get ready and meet me outside the house.

Love,
Adi 💜"

Ajantha felt happy and blessed to have got a caring husband. She got up and checked her cupboard to find a neatly wrapped purple box with a black ribbon. She smiled looking at the beautiful Peach Silk saree with a contrast Blouse. She was smiling to herself thinking how he got everything ready and the amount of effort he would have put into it.

She got ready in the saree and came to her dresser to find a beautiful set of necklace and earrings with a ball of jasmine kept neatly for her to get ready. She was trying to put on her necklace when a warm hand held hers. She looked into the mirror to find him looking deep into her eyes. She was looking exactly like a human tomato. She broke the eye contact first unable to take the intensity those brown orbs held. He then made her wear the flower. Only then did she notice that he was wearing a peachy pink silk shirt with dhothi. A perfect 90's way of showing that they were a couple.

He then said " Na velila wait panren, seekram uh va ma" Unable to form any coherent verse, she just nodded her head. He smirked at the effect he has on her and walked out of the room with a content smile. She then got ready with a simple bindi, kajal and applied kumkum in her hair partition. When she stepped out of their house, he was waiting for her on his Royal Enfield bike. Every time she sees him sitting on it, it was like her prince charming has arrived to steal her away. Brushing that thought aside she held on his shoulder for balance and sat behind him. It was an absolute understatement to say that there was a full on fire crackers going on in her stomach.

They both went on with a soothing silence that embraced them comfortably. He broke the silence,

Adi: Enna ma, enga kooti poren nu kooda kekala?
Ajju: En kekanum?
Adi: Huh? Avlo nambikkaya en mela?
Ajju: Indha ulagathula na nambara ore aal Neenga mattum dha.

Adi had a smile adorning his lips with a twinkle in his eyes. Ajju thought "I will do anything and everything that I can to keep this smile and that light in his eyes intact". They reached the temple soon. Ajju had a knowing smile that showed Adi that she knew that he was taking her to temple. They both went in and when the priest asked for Rasi and nakshatram, Adi held her hand as if motioning to not say and he gave her name Rasi and Nakshatram alone. Ajju's eyes started to well up. He is trying to make everything today only about her. He held her hand tight once again and assured her by blinking his eyes. They both then returned home. She was about to enter the kitchen, when Adi held her by shoulder and made her sit on the sofa.

Ajju: Ena aachu Adi? Samaikkanum la time aagudhu, athai ku tablet vera podnum. Ungalukum nerathuku sapdalana kashtam. Neenga pasi thaanga maatenga. Na vera nethu ungaluku pudikum nu mutton vaangi vechen. Adhu panna ve romba time aagum.Vidunga na poi samaikkaren.
Adi: hmm. Pesi mudichitiya? Indha thanni kudi.

Ajju looks at him with a baffled expression.
Ajju.m.v: enna aachu ivarukku iniku?
Adi: Ma, nee dhane daily elam panra. Iniku oru naal na unna okkathi vechu elam seita poren.
Ajju: Enna vilayadreengala? Ungaluku office ku poga time aachu la. Plus athai..
Adi: (keeping his finger on her lips) shhh..Amma Inga ila, thambi veetuku poitanga. Oru naal na pogala na office uh izhuthu onnum moodira maatanga. Ipdi epavadhu na leave edutha paathuka dha athana pera velaikum vechurukken. Un purushan oru business man nu marandhuratha ma. Elam yosichu plan panni dha panren. Iniku neeyum Naanum mattum dha. So na aasa patta padi una raani madiri paathuka poren.