Monde Petit - Prologue

Harry didn't like when Louis had Eleanor over. He didn't like how she had to stick herself into everything, but she did, and it was annoying. There might have been nothing he could do about it, but that still didn't stop him from acting a bit rude around her.

For example, she was sitting on the couch watching whatever was on the television. Louis was in the kitchen making himself a sandwich for lunch, and Harry walked out of the hallway and into the living room, rolling his eyes at the sight of the curly brown haired girl sitting on their couch, fiddling with her jumper by the looks of it.

"Oh hell no," Harry groaned, stomping over to where she was sitting. "No, no, no, no. I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?!"

She looked up at him, giving him a blank stare.

"Eleanor," Harry said warningly through gritted teeth. "I said, what are you doing here?"

She didn't reply, only stared up at him through thick eyelashes, staring that bored, uninterested blank stare that always burned her eyes whenever she saw Harry. She looked younger than Harry remembered, oddly. Probably Botox.

"Eleanor!" Harry practically yelled, sick of her ignorance. "What the fuck?!"

"Harry..." said a soft voice warningly from the doorway. "Why are you yelling at Gretchen?"

Harry's head whipped around to see a short, skinny brunette standing in the doorway, her eyebrows scrunched together. He looked back at the girl on the couch, who had a smug look on her face.

He threw his head back and groaned in frustration. "Louis you are in so much trouble..." Harry started as he stormed down the hallway, shoving the girl aside, only to see a tall girl with similar brown hair practically pressed up against Louis' side as he made his sandwich.

Harry stomped over to her, grabbing her arm and pulling her away.

"Out, Tina." He pointed to the doorway before turning back to Louis.

"Louis, what is the meaning of this. Why are all three of them here?!"

Louis shrugged, cutting his sandwich in half. "You know I love you, right Harry?"

Harry raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms.

"Okay, look, Gretchen was down on the list to be here, but Tina got a vacation from the uni and Eleanor wasn't busy, so I saw it fit to invite all three of them to crash with us until they need to attend to their own lives again, okay babe?"

Harry's mouth fell open. "You didn't think of asking me beforehand?!"

Louis took a bite out of his sandwich. "You would have said no," he said simply, mouthful of bread.

"Wonder why," Harry spat as Louis picked up the plate, following him out into the hallway. "They're fucking vicious. All of them."

Louis snorted. "You like them. I know you do."

"Get rid of them or I swear I'll move out," Harry hissed as Louis stepped into the living room, making his way to sit next to Gretchen on the couch. Louis wasn't fazed.

"And where'd you go? To live with Zayn or whoever? Have fun with that."

Harry's eyes narrowed. He spun around and marched mechanically toward the bathroom.

It hadn't always been this way - having to have Eleanor, Tina, or Gretchen around constantly. It had originally only been Eleanor, but then... the story was amazing and horrible at the same time.

Harry chuckled to himself at the thought of life if none of the fucking Calder triplets had ever showed up. He walked over to the shower, turning the water on, stripped, and stepped inside.

What would life even be like if the Calder triplets had never come around though? Harry closed his eyes as the steaming water ran down his face. He remembered how it had all started. He would write it into a mystery novel, he decided.

Outside the bathroom door he could hear Tina squealing. She had the highest voice and Harry knew Louis liked her the best. They were probably wrestling over the remote or something. Louis did genuinely like the girls, and honestly that was what upset Harry the most. Louis had hated Eleanor at first, and now he was friends with her and her sister. It wasn't that Harry hated them or anything, they were only doing their paid jobs, but it was times like this when Louis invited them to stay over without permission...

He wasn't sure if he would ever learn to enjoy their company. Maybe he could go back in time when Eleanor didn't know she had two sisters. Harry didn't open his eyes once as his mind strayed back to Eleanor, Gretchen, and Tina's story...