The Girl in the Mirror.

“I don’t know why I bother…” Harry mused.

“Because he’s everything that you want.” was the quiet reply.

The Gryffindor hummed in agreement without looking up.

“It’s just that every time I try to get close, a switch flips in his head telling him that he ‘must destroy Harry Potter, humiliate him as much as you can.’ And I can’t stand it anymore.” his tone was dejected and quiet.

The girl watched as he slumped against the wall behind him, needing the support. He bent his head back to press against the cool tile, pushed his glasses to the top of head and rubbed at his eyes. He was just so sick of everything. The war had tired him out mentally, physically and emotionally. His short temper had basically shrivelled and died, he just didn’t care anymore. Unless it was Draco that said something; no one could get under his skin quite like the Malfoy Heir.

A small smile pulled at Harry’s lips at the thought of the other boy.

“Harry. Look at me.”

After a moment’s hesitation, the brunette let his head fall away from the wall and green eyes met black.

“I’m stuck here, with no way out… you on the other hand are free to do what you want. You’re free of that ridiculous responsibility that shouldn’t have been given to you in the first place. Harry, you deserve to be as happy as possible after everything you’ve been through. And if getting that boy will make that happen, then you need to go after him. Make him see what he’s missing. You are an amazing person and he’ll see that. Just keep trying. I’ll help you as much as I can, but ultimately it is up to you.”

The Gryffindor smiled at the girl in front of him.

“Thanks… for everything.”

“No. Thank you.”

He smiled at her again and left the bathroom.

óóó

Only a hand full of students came back to school for their ‘eighth’ year and so Head Mistress McGonagall gave them their own common room. The first few weeks had been tense to say the least. As expected the Gryffindor’s and Slytherin’s were the worst offenders. However, surprisingly to everyone, it wasn’t Harry and Draco that were constantly at each other’s throats. Ron was the worst followed closely by Blaise Zabini.

Now two months after the beginning of the school year the eight year common room was relatively peaceful. This was mostly due to Hermione's insistence of having a gathering every Friday. These gatherings usually involved alcohol and drunken games and after the first few everyone was relaxed around each other enough to be friendly.

It was at one of these gatherings that things between Harry and Draco got interesting.

óóó

Truth or dare.