Chapter 1

**ELIZABETH'S POINT OF VIEW**

*I slowly opened the door and noticed how dark and room the nursery was; all I could see was shadows. As I opened the door more and more the light from opening the door slowly illuminated the room. As the room slowly started becoming lighter I could see little Carter sitting up in the crib rubbing his little eyes and sucking hard on his paci. The cute little noises that came from suckling on his paci was truly adorable. I turned on the light that was next to the door and walked up to the edge of his crib.*

Elizabeth: "Hi sweet boy. Did you have a good night's sleep?" I asked as I unlatched the side of the crib.

*Carter just continued to rub his eyes and yawn.*

Elizabeth: "Hey buddy. Don't rub your eyes! It's okay. Are you hungry?" I asked as I ruffled my hand through his hair and then gave him little kisses on his little cheeks and forehead.

*Carter let out this little giggle through his paci as I continued to give him my "little mommy kisses."*

Carter: "Mommy... dats enough kisses..." Carter managed slip out in between his little giggles and paci.

*I stopped giving him kisses and stood there staring at Carter with a pretend "sad face."

Elizabeth: "But, I thought you loved my Mommy kisses? I just love giving my little baby boy kisses and I love your little giggles." I said still pretending to be sad.

*Carter bounced up and down on the crib mattress for a few moments, then stopped, and made his way to the edge of the crib. Once he got as close as he possibly could to me he took his paci out and wrapped his arms around me to give me a hug.*

Carter: "Don't be sad Mommy! I wuv your little kisses. You're the bestest Mommy."

Elizabeth: "Well thank you sweet heart. I love you so much!" I exclaimed while hugging Carter back. "Can we check your diaper really quick?" I asked.

*Carter looked up at me still in our warm embrace and shyly nodded his head.*

Elizabeth: "Okay sweetheart. Can you lay back down for Mommy?"

*Carter hesitantly nodded 'yes' and laid back down on the crib mattress. Normally my little boy puts up a pretty decent fight when it comes to asking to change his diaper. It is the times when he doesn't put up a fight that I know he really needs a change from Mommy. I plopped his paci back into his mouth and handed him his stuffed monkey. After I slowly undid the buttons on his onesie and instantly saw how swollen his diaper was.*

Elizabeth: "Oh my goodness. What a little super soaker! Who's Mommy's little super soaker?" I teased as I tickled his tummy.

*Carter let out a few more giggles through his paci, squirmed, and subtly kicked his feet.*

Elizabeth: "Who is it?" I asked again.

Carter: "Me! Me Mommy!"

Elizabeth: "That's right baby. You're just Mommy's itty bitty little baby, huh? You don't know any better, huh?"

*Carter covered some of his face with his stuffed animal monkey, squirmed again for a brief moment, and nodded 'yes.'*

Carter: "Mhmm. Mommy's baby." He managed to stumble through his paci.

Elizabeth: "Let's get you changed, huh sweet boy?"

*Carter nodded 'yes' as he started playing with his monkey and giggling.*

*************************************************************************************

Elizabeth: "Alright sweetheart. All clean!" I exclaimed as I fastened the final tape to the front of Carter's Barnyard diaper.