The "Start"

"Mom! Come here!" I yelled to my Mom upstairs. "Could we go to the austin shelter some time? They are about thirty minutes away."

My mom replied saying,"Sorry honey, but no."

I started begging my mom, because I had never been to a shelter before and they had a really pretty dog named Lucy. "Please Mom, just this once, I just miss having TWO dogs around the house, you know what I mean."

You could tell my mom wanted to go and wouldn't mind having another dog around the house. "OK, maybe this once and if we enjoy maybe, just MAYBE we could try to go more often."

I started hugging my mom like crazy. I was SO happy!

About a week later my mom took my sister and I to the shelter . While we were there we looked at many of the dogs, and we even saw Lucy! She was s much fun to play with and walked easily. My mom even wanted to adopt her including my sister and I. There were two problems though, one she didn't like cats, we have a cat so that was a problem, and two my dad wouldn't let us. we begged and begged, but he still said no.

When we got home I was mad at my dad and I let him know by saying," Dad why wouldn't you let us get her, she was the perfect dog and we could train her to get along with cats!"

"Sorry Julia but we don't need another dog now and I'm sure she will go to a loving home." He replied.

"Ok , but your going to regret it, not adopting such a wonderful dog, and I'm still mad at you!" I yelled and ran upstairs to my room.

About a week later I asked my mom if we could go to the shelter because last time we had an amazing time. " Julia that's a great idea, but you have a soccer game and Saturday, and we may not have time on Sunday because of church."

"Mom we could try going after school one day!" I quickly replied as I ran to the computer to check what days and how often they are open. "Mom, it says that they are open all week from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M., but on Sunday it is on 12 A.M. to 5 P.M. would we go Thursday after school?!" I stared at my mom just waiting for her to reply.
"OK Julia I'll see what I can do.