Chapter 1

She could hear the snow crunching beneath her feet, it was already a thick layer. Snow was still falling from the sky so she knew the layer of snow would only thicken. She didn't mind the snow, she was used to it or well she had to she had grown up with it her whole life.

She kept walking to her destination. She was close to it by now, she could make out two figures in the distance and the frozen lake. She knew Ajax was there, if he wasn't home or playing with her he was ice fishing with his father.

She frowned when she heard laughter. She was mad he didn't keep his promise to play with her, instead he went ice-fishing with his father. While a part of her knew she had no reason to be mad as they play everyday she decided to be childish, after all she was only a child she had every right to be childish.

''Ajax!'' 

She yelled out finally picking up her pace and started running towards the frozen lake making a mental note to stop running before she stood on the lake not to slip and fall.

Her voice made 2 heads turn around, Ajaxs and his father. They were sitting on wooden chairs probabbly brought from home and they weren't sitting too far away from the hole they made in the frozen lake to ice fish. 

She could see fish stapled up next to the hole, todays catch apparently.

''(Y/N)'' 

Said the young boy turning his head and waving towards her. but when she stood next to him on the ice, being careful she wouldn't slip and fall while treading the ice, Ajax didn't get the same treatment back in return but instead got a little girl huffing and crossing her arms looking away.

''You forgot your promise! How could you, you never break your promises Ajax.''

She shook her head and  a pout forming on her face. Her favorite thing was to play with him, how could he forget about her? The boy raised his eyebrow and giggled.

''You know that you cancelled our little meeting in the forest by saying you wanted to sleep in.''

A smug smile formed on his face while the girl started blushing out of embaressment. She couldn't believe she forgot about that, she must have been so exhausted her mind couldn't even remember her saying something like that.

She felt so stupid at this moment. To rub salt in the wound Ajax' father laughed teasing her for forgetting what she said herself.

''Bad memory at such a young age like yours, what a shame!''

''Well I think we ice fished enough for today, don't you think so Ajax?''

Ajax nodded and started to collect all the fish, wrapping them up in a blanket and formed a knot. Ajax' father grabbed both wooden chairs in his hands carrying them back home. (Y/N) tagged along walking next to Ajax. She was discussing with him what to play after he brought the fish back home.

Would they play hide and seek, build a snowman, or go to the abodnened cabin in the forest? They didn't know but luckily at their young age their only worry was which game they would play with each other.  There was laughter of children in the air, and their excitement could be heard evidently in their voice.

Despite playing together practically everyday the two young children never got bored of each other. Ajaxs father simply smiled and looked at the two young childrens innocent smiles. 

After Ajax arrived at his house, he gave the fish to his mother, waved goodbye to his dad, and grabbed (Y/N) little hand and ran with her to the forest. He made sure to promise his parents he wouldn't run too deep in the forest.