Chapter 22

It's the weekend and today is the grand opening of the newest youth center which was apparently designed by my best friend, Emily Hughes.

After the ribbon is cut and the center is officially open, Olivia and I walk up to Emily.

"Congratulations." I say with a smile and pull her into a hug. "The building is really beautiful."

"It really is. Congratulations." Olivia says with a smile.

"Thank you both for coming." She says.

"Where's your boyfriend, Jonathan? Isn't he supposed to be here?" I ask.

"I don't know where he is. I haven't talked to him in a while. I don't think he even knows about this." She says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I broke up with him." She says.

"Why?" My mind goes back to the first time they broke up and why they did. "Did he do something stupid?" I ask and by something stupid I mean cheat.

"No, he didn't. I just realized something better for me." She says.

"Oh but you two were really cute." I say.

I notice that Olivia is looking at me, surprised. "Are you okay?" Olivia asks.

"Why do people keep asking me if I am okay whenever I mention how cute they were?"

No one answers. They just look at me.

"Anyways, would you two like to be given a tour of the building by the designer?" Emily asks.

"Of course, yes." Olivia says.

"Then, follow me." She says and starts walking towards the entrance of the building.

"This place is really beautiful. Too bad I can't be here." Olivia says after Emily leaves us to join some personalities.

"What do you mean you can't be here?" I ask.

"Well," She pauses. "the exchange program is coming to an end so, I am going back to France next week so I can graduate." She says.

"Is that so?" I ask.

"Yes." Olivia says. "And I doubt you are going to be here. At least not a lot." She says.

"Why do you seem so sure?" I ask.

"With the final exams starting in two weeks, I know you will have no time to socialize. As a matter of fact of fact I know you are probably going to spend all your breaks at the library." She says and I nod.

"So, what are your plans for after high school?" I ask.

"Um... I plan on working at my..." She trails off when Emily asks, "Are you guys ready to continue?"

"Yes." Olivia says with a smile.

©unboundbybounds

After spending a while at the building, Emily, Olivia and I decide to go to the mall.

We are about five minutes from the mall when Emily asks, "Olivia, did your dad tell you when the song is going to be released?"

"He didn't say when exactly but he said soon." Olivia says.

"Well, Ruby told me it will be released next week." I say as I drive into the mall's parking lot.

"Okay. So, what will we be doing here?" Emily says.

"I am actually very hungry." I say.

"Me too." Olivia says.

"Let's get pizza." Emily says as I park the car.

"Yes." Olivia says with a smile as we get out of the car.

After getting seated at the round table for three at the pizzeria and making an order for a medium sized pizza and three sodas, I see Jonathan walk in with Ivy Grant, followed by his entourage, Jason and Jake.

"Your ex is here." I say, drawing Emily's attention from her phone to the four as they walk towards a table a few feet from us.

"Do you want to leave?" Olivia asks.

"No. Besides, I broke up with him and in less than an hour I see him kissing her and honestly, I didn't and I don't care." Emily says.

"Who is her?" Olivia asks.

"Ivy Grant." Emily says and looks back at her phone.

The waiter comes back with our orders and places it in front of us.

"You really look unbothered." I say as I watch her take a bite of the pizza.

"Why should I be bothered? After I found out he lied about the reason for which we broke up the first time, I just didn't care." She takes another bite. "Besides, I think I may be falling for someone else."

"Oh really? Who might that be?" Olivia asks.

"A good friend of mine." Emily says.

"Well, I think you should tell him." Olivia says.

"I'm not sure. I don't think he likes me like that and I really don't want to ruin our friendship." Emily says.

"I understand that." Olivia says.

Author's Note.

Hi. Please don't forget to vote.