Comfort

Satoru watched as Suguru sulked, staring at the wall for the past three hours. The ravenette didn't want to tell what was going on either, and Satoru could do nothing but watch. The two were in Geto's room, sitting at the edge of his bed.

"Still not feeling better?" Gojo hummed.

"Nah, but it'll pass." Suguru mumbled under his breath.

"What will?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Come onnnn." the silver haired male whined.

Suguru sighed, flopped back on his bed and pulled up the covers. "I'm going to sleep. And you're going to go back to your room." he declared, but only in vain.

Gojo didn't go back to his room. No, he was not going to give up so easily. He was the strongest, after all.

Instead, he got up, opened the door and closed it, all the while staying inside his room. It was a silly trick, but he'd always wanted to try it and now he got the chance.

"I'm not falling for that." Suguru grumbled from under the sheets.

"Wow, you're so smart." Satoru teased his partner.

"Flattering me won't work."

"You caught up to that too, huh?"

Suguru didn't reply. A few snores were heard.

"Yeah I'm not falling for that either." Gojo shot back. The ravenette chuckled, but didn't reply.

The silver haired man walked back to the bed and took his previous seat. Turning to face Suguru, he realised how tired he'd been looking for the past few days. He wondered if Geto skipped his meals. He felt an uneasy, tugging feeling at his heart when he thought of Suguru going through some crisis which he had no idea about. They were partners, weren't they?

Pushing his thoughts aside, he reached out an arm to brush the uneven strands of hair from Suguru's face (yes, he decided to get out of his blanket cocoon). His hand lingered longer than he would've wanted to, but he didn't retract it either.

Suguru relaxed under his touch, just as Gojo predicted. Normally he would've swatted his hand away, but clearly, his partner wasn't feeling well.

They stayed like that for a few moments. But it felt like hours to the silver haired man. The silence, however, was broken by the ravenette.

"Come closer." he whispered softly; Gojo had to strain his ears to hear him properly. And when he did decipher his words, he wondered if he'd heard him right. Geto usually didn't show weakness. It was a first for both of them. But the silver haired man obeyed, and switched his position so that now he was lying beside Geto.

Gingerly, Gojo leaned forward. His heart rate increased as he got closer and slowly pressed his lips to the ravenette's forehead.

"Satoru, what was that?" Suguru asked, confused.

"Look who's awake." Gojo meant to say teasingly, but his voice sounded like an embarrassed teenage girl.

Geto continued to stare at him.

"Well, I was.. trying to comfort you, I guess?" the silver haired man mumbled. He felt his face heating up. I should've thought twice, instead I was impulsive and followed my stupid heart, dammit. And now he saw me looking flustered. Idiot. Gojo thought to himself.

"Oh?" the ravenette asked in a low whisper, bringing his face even closer. Satoru shivered against his will.

"Yes. As you can see, I'm a responsible partner unlike someone I know."

"Just because I didn't buy you ten ice creams that day doesn't make me an irresponsible partner, you know?" Suguru said, smirking.

"...."

"I'll make it up to you if you want," he says, ghosting his lips against Satoru's own. Said silver haired man feels his heart beating loudly against his ribs. However, he pulls away at the last second. If they were going to kiss, Satoru at least wanted himself in control, and a happier moment.

"This isn't about me." Gojo mutters.

".... I'm not feeling very motivated these days." Geto finally says, pulling himself away from Gojo. Now they were a healthy distance apart.

"Why not?"

"Those non-sorcerers. We do everything for them, risk our lives, and some of us even die. And look at them, they keep creating those wretched curses. Riko and Haibara died, and they wanted to celebrate? I know I always preach about protecting the weak, but I'm not sure anymore. I don't like this life, Satoru."

"Suguru. You're one of the most put together people I know. I understand what you're feeling, but in the end, I know it's worth it. Because as jujutsu sorcerers, it's our job."

"You give shitty advice, you know that?" Geto grumbled, but there was a hint of a smile in his face.

"Hear me out, okay? Not all non sorcerers are bad. Riko was a perfect example. You know, Geto? Some of them, hell, most of them are worth saving. And only we can do it; after all, we're the strongest, right?" Satoru said, wrapping his arms around Suguru.

"... Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks for being here for me, but don't take it to your head. It's already inflated too much." the ravenette said, and relaxed into his partner's embrace.

In another life, Suguru might've taken the path to hell. However, in this life, Satoru was there for him, and that's all that mattered.

*********

Ahh I'm sorry I didn't update weekly like I promised ;-;

I kind of lost motivation in between, but here I am anyway with this week's chapter!