chapter VII

Y/n Pov

I see George pop back out from his room, his face tired looking. How come I didn't notice that before?

"Oi! Ya dickhead," I heard Tommy yelp. Turning around, I see Tommy trying to wrestle Wilbur, who wasn't having any of it. Will sighed and suddenly disappeared into thin air before abruptly reappearing at my side. I nearly leaped out of my skin and Wilbur just chuckled.

"Jumpy are we?" Wilbur was still laughing at my reaction. "Man, isn't Tommy a pain?"

"To answer your first question, yes. What would you expect from someone who has been tracked down for more than half her life and has faced near death experiences. And to answer your second question, yea he is," I say turning back to face Tommy. Wilbur made a face that said, "I'll ask about the being tracked part later."

"Why are you guys making fun of me? Daaaaddd Will and Y/n are making fun of me," Tommy whined.

"Good! You need to grow some thick skin Tomster," Phil yelled from the kitchen. Will and I laughed quietly covering our faces with our hands.

Tommy's face suddenly lit up and he forgot about our teasing, "Can we take Y/n to the town?!"

"Yea sure! Just be back soon," Phil called back. "And don't piss anyone off, you got that?"

"Yes sir!" Tommy grabbed a coat and headed towards the door. "Hurry the fuck up!"

"Ok, ok. Let me go get my stuff really quick. Dear Gods above," I mumbled. I walked to my room, grabbing the boots and carefully slipped them onto my feet. They were snug and definitely need to be broken into. Walking back out, I notice Will and Tommy were all ready to leave.

"No one else is coming?" I ask.

"Techno is coming soon. He said he busy or some shit. George and Sapnap are sleeping. I think," Tommy pondered. "Whatever. Let's go!"

Tommy sprinted out the door without hesitation, while Will and I followed, very far behind.

We eventually reached a rather large village, flooded with people. The village wasn't to far from Phil's place it was also hidden in the forest and a canopy of leaves covered the town from above, but still let in a ton of light. There was no way it grew naturally like that. Children ran around, waving sticks, while parents tried to calm them down. Everything about this town was ordinary, except for one thing, people were using their abilities. And no one was starting fights or screaming from pure terror. Tommy stopped to look up at Will.

"It's here right? Gosh I hate being normal," Tommy muttered.

"Yea, you got it," Wilbur chuckled. I gave Wilbur a confused glance, but his eyes told me he would explain everything later. I nodded and followed Tommy deeper into the town.

"So. Can I know now?" I paced myself beside Will. He nodded, smiling a bit.

"This town is populated entirely with 'Unordinaries' who were driven from their homes or on the run. And so it needed to be protected. Someone used their power so that no ordinary mortal could see the village, unless they knew for sure that it was there. That's why Tommy couldn't see it. Yes, he may have been looking for it, but he was unsure of whether or not it was there," Wilbur explained.

"Dang. That person must be pretty strong then," I gazed in wonder.

"Actually, you can meet him right now," Will smirked.

A loud shout came from down the narrow street. "Ayyyyeee. Is that Tommy? Boys! Get over here!"

A boy who looked no older than me sprang down the path. He had on some interestingly colored spectacles, one side red and the other red. The glasses were propped neatly onto his head. His head wasn't accompanied by much hair, but a buzz cut instead. He wore normal leather shorts and a blue shirt laid over his chest. The boy was relatively tall, at least 5 feet and 8 inches. But boy, oh boy, he didn't look as tall as the next boy who followed. This boy looked humanoid, but was definitely not human. Unless it was a side effect of his abilities. He had to be at least 6 feet 6 at most. His left side was shaded white, with fleshy tones and dark gray freckles. His right side was a rich, deep purple, appearing almost black. You had to take a look at him twice in order to tell it was even a shade of purple and not midnight black. But what captured me the most were his stunning, heterochromia eyes. On the side that was a fleshy white, was a deep, blood red eye, almost like Techno's, but the sclera of his eye was a lighter red. It didn't look bloodshot, but natural in a way. On his other side, the eye was an emerald green, the sclera also was not white, but a lighter green that appeared almost a minty color. He wore rather fashionable clothing, not raggedy like most of the townspeople.