Part 1

A/N: This is primarily from Mashiro Ojiro's perspective so the story may miss out events he wasn't there for. Enjoy!

7 Hours of Hell!

The war against The Meta Liberation Army was reaching its final phase, or so they thought. The classes of 1A, 1B, the support course and any supporting Pro Heroes available had been divided into four-five man teams with Midoriya leading the front line in a direct assault against the newly empowered Shigaraki. Tailman (A.K.A. Mashiro Ojiro) was among those teams held back to evacuate civilians from the warzone, along with Earphone Jacks (Jirou), Chargebolt (Kaminari), Red Riot (Kirishima) and Her.

Clearly, it wasn't bad enough the weeks Midoriya was on the run, pushed beyond his limits, and even then it took all of them, and a repentant Bakugo to bring him home to UA.

Clearly, it wasn't bad enough that the civilians sheltering there had all turned against him and would have erupted into a full on riot if not for Uraraka.

Clearly, it wasn't bad enough Aoyama, their faithful friend throughout the past year, was revealed as a traitor, helping All for One from Day 1, being responsible for both surprise villain attacks and Bakugo's abduction.

Clearly, the universe couldn't let there be just the one traitor.

They were almost clear of the sounds of explosions when they were set upon Meta Grunts, including one guy whose Quirk seemingly blew people up like balloons, and would have burst them; and then She struck. A blinding flash, and Toru Hagakure was gone. The grunts advanced. Everything was all over. Except it wasn't. Something changed in Ojiro. Actually, something that was always there awakened.

He didn't really think about it that much, nor could he quite explain it. But he had never had trouble 'seeing', or put another way, sensing things that were obscured or in some way hidden. Maybe that's why he got along so well with Hagakure, or thought he did. Maybe it was connected to his tail picking up vibrations or something, or maybe the two were just two parts of a dormant, more primal nature to his Quirk. Had he just subconsciously been too afraid to explore this side of himself, lest it consume his rational mind, making him little more than a beast? He couldn't say for sure. All he knew was he had to overcome his loss of sight. He had to protect the civilians, and his friends.

Closing his eyes and clearing his mind, he allowed this other sense to take over and assumed his battle ready stance, preparing his unique fighting style that utilised his fists, legs, and tail. Before he knew it, balloon man and his cohorts were down. But he could not celebrate. Balloon man had already got to so many civilians. Some didn't make it. Guarding the remainder, he would have to leave to the others. She had left a faint trail (he wasn't sure if he was sensing heat, forensic particles, light energy or what) but he could still track it. Wherever she had gone, whatever the crisis they were in, he had to find her, to hear her out, to understand why she would leave.

After what felt like hours of running, he stopped just behind the corner of a wrecked building. From his hiding spot he could just make out what looked like Shigaraki and his Leiutenant Mr. Compress, heading away from the front line, hurriedly but at the same time cautiously making their way around a large hole in the road, opening up to an underground sewer line. He thought it was weird Shigaraki would retreat so quickly, especially with so much of his forces still at his disposal. Then again, it could be Toga in disguise trying to throw people off. Whatever the case, Ojiro knew he couldn't let this opportunity slip away while he had the element of surprise. Resolved, he decided it was time to make his move and stop them, and then She appeared.