First Encounter

/If you find a typo or funny grammar please @ me- I proof read this like fifteen times but I could have missed something./

Jeff

Well your day has just been a disaster, hasn't it?

You've gotten your poor ass yelled at twelve ways to next Tuesday by your boss for something that never warranted such a violent backlash, it's been raining all day, so even the heavens were against you today, and you got into a fight with your mother over the phone due to your strained nerves.

What's next on the bucket list? A home invasion?

...Yeah!

You were cooped up in your closet, hidden under a pile of randomly selected clothes that you chose to tear off the hangers, clutching a metal compass you grabbed from your pencil case. It was the only sharp thing in your room at the time.

The light on your desk was on, giving the illusion that someone was about in the room. A stranger was stomping around downstairs. You weren't sure whether to be scared for your life, or exasperated.

You swallowed as you mentally counted the steps the intruder decided to tread up on- they were a bit creaky.

The door shoots open.

Now, you couldn't see from inside your cocoon of old Christmas sweaters and cardigans you never wore, but the man entering the room faltered upon seeing it empty.

He came in so enthusiastically too, knife raised and everything. He was sure someone was home, he saw the light get turned on from outside!

Jeff's attention was immediately directed towards the closet doors, ever so slightly ajar. He couldn't help but grin, stepping over a bag thrown carelessly on the floor. (Though he did take a moment to check under the bed first.)

He threw the doors open and…!!!

...huh.

And he saw nothing, aside from a mess of clothes on the floor. Sure, you were there frozen solid under that mess, but he couldn't tell.

You furrowed your brows when he didn't leave. Since, as he was now convinced his casual prey somehow managed to dip without him noticing, he invited himself to inspect the little trinkets you kept on the shelf of your closet.

During which, he made the grave mistake of putting his blade away.

You moved the denim jacket over your head aside in an agonizingly slow manner. You caught sight of the guy, immersed in fidgeting with a snow globe that had a miniature model of a T-72 inside. You found that at the dollar store for barely 50 cents, you had to!

Of course you couldn't dwell on the memory of acquiring the small decor item for too long, as you registered how the guy actually looked like. You scowled at his widened eyes and cut up cheeks, feeling a twinge of pity for his unfortunate exterior that was ultimately drowned out by profound creeped-outedness.

Well then. You decided that god must have wanted you to choose violence today.

You gripped the compass even tighter in your sweating palm and shot your arm out of the pile of clothes, digging the needle mercilessly into the side of the intruder's calf.

This action was followed by such profanities flying through the heavy air of your bedroom, that I dare not write them. You rolled out of the closet, awkwardly brandishing the compass towards the man who has tripped over a cable, and was now cradling his leg to his chest on the floor.