Voices

The noises are getting louder, I can tell that they're voices now. I can't make out what they're saying, but they sound panicked. Maybe excited? They aren't coming from anywhere! They're inside my head, I can't get rid of them. No matter which end of the meadow I go to they just keep getting louder!
  I considered going into the forest around the meadow, but for no reason I just knew I couldn't, that something was waiting for me just beyond the trees.
  I could almost make out what the voices were saying now, they sounded serious. I made out a few words, "Pulse" And "Waves", but everything else was still inaudible.
  In my panic I hadn't noticed that the other end of the meadow was now covered in a heavy fog. I ran towards in, but even as I got closer I couldn't see any further.
  The voices were so loud, I couldn't stand them. I sat down again and covered my ears, as if it would help. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to block the voices out. They only got louder.
  I was so focused on keeping the voices out, I didn't acknowledge the fog creeping in from all sides. I opened my eyes and I could see nothing, only pure white. I blinked a few times, trying to adjust my eyes to the bright atmosphere. Slowly, I could see a room forming around me.