Story One

Boots the kitty was born in a home with her own family. But then the man of the family got sick, and the woman had to move. So Boots became a stray. But don't feel bad, because Boots made a friend named Sarah.
Sarah noticed Boots in the park because she saw Boots' pitch black fur over the crisp white snow. Sarah thought Boots was lonely and might be a stray like her, Sarah moved closer to Boots. As she noticed the big chocolate-colored Labrador, she arched her back and hissed, clearly scared. Sarah woofed happily and Boots calmed down.
Sarah and boots teamed up and became friends. They found out they both wanted the same thing, to not be a stray anymore. Until they both found their family, they wanted to help other strays survive and not be so lonely and afraid.
They ventured off and went to the forest next to the park. In the heavily wooded forest they found a damp cave, it was not they best but it would do for a temporary home. It was hidden very well with bushes and trees. Since it well hidden they hoped the Humane Society wouldn't find them and take them to a Shelter. Boots and Sarah didn't want to go to the Shelter because they are afraid someone they don't know will adopt them. They wanted to keep looking for their family's.
One day, the animal catcher saw Boots and Sarah trying to find foot. They ran and ran till the split up. When they meet back up at the cave they find a dog and cat in the cave.
"Who are you?" Sarah growls
"I'm Duke, I'm a Golden Retriever"
"and I,m Lights" pipes up a tabby cat with big yellow eyes that look like lightbulbs.
"Then why are you here?" asks Boots.
"We need someplace to stay and this cave was empty so we thought we could stay here till spring." Says Duke
"please let us stay" sniffles Lights.
Boots looks at Sarah then says; "you can stay, Only if you help us hunt though"
"we will, we promise " they say at the same time.
Sarah and Boots nod
"But can are other friend Rick come here too? he's a Rottweiler" asks Duke.
"The more the merrier!" said Boots

When Rick came, he looked very scary, but he was very nice. They spent the rest of the winter in the cave, only going out for food. One day a Pit Bull came along. Little did the know, is that this Pit Bull was sneaky and soon would steal all the food they worked so hard to get.

Once he gained their trust he stole all the food and ran away so he would never be seen again by them. When the group found out what happened to their food they had to move on, they soon found a barn with a bunch of mice for Boots and Lights to hunt for. Soon Rick saw a woman going to the watering hole. Rick woofed and ran up to the woman who was his old owner. She smiles "are you my old dog?" she asks
Rick woofs
they walk back into the house after Rick says goodbye to his friends and part their ways.