Chapter 6 There

"Where do I begin?" 

"From the heart." 

Dex was hesitant, was this a good choice to make? She sighed making a risk of her own.

"I don't think I'm worthy of my wings," Dex mumbled lowly.

Clyde's eyes glistened as he wondered if this was Dex showing her true colors. Was this what she was hiding from the world all this time. He just scoffed as he hung from the tree this time using his legs as support, folding his perfected wings back comfortably.

"Well of course we don't, I'm surprised that I'm still here." 

"Of course you're here, you're kind, powerful, easy-going, amazing to be around, who wouldn't have guessed that you're here." 

"Well, obviously my father wouldn't have. I'm surprised someone made it out of that bunker alive." 

"Yeah, you were the perfect soldier, living and dying as one, unfortunately." 

"Don't make this about me idiot! This is about you! Don't you dare try to change the subject at hand missy!" 

"Right, right." 

"Now, why exactly do you not feel worthy? Is it something in your head? Your heart? Is it someone?"

"My heart, my head, ugh, everything is so wrong! Everything I do isn't good enough!" 

"Have you spoken to one of the gods or a goddess about this?"

"That's the thing, I don't want to tell them about this. This is different, I know for sure they'll cast me away just like the others if I told them!" 

Dex suddenly realized what she said out loud and quickly covered her mouth. Wanting to bite her own tongue off.

"What do you mean by that?" 

"It's nothing." 

"Just tell me already, I won't tell a soul." 

"Not even a god." 

"Not even a god. Your secret's safe with me, please just tell me what's bugging you." Clyde said in a softer tone.

Dex took in a deep breath, hoping to choke on her words before it was too late.

"I've met a demon." 

"A what?" 

"You heard me, a demon. But she's different in this case." 

"How come?" 

"She's nice to me, she's one of my best friends aside from you. Recently though I've been feeling, different around her. I feel that it's wrong but it feels so...right you know." 

"Ah, I see, you've endeavored your heart to the opposite kind, very much a female with grace and maybe even your eye for beauty. Describe her to me." 

Dex's eyes widened in shock, he was a guard and he was okay with her falling for a demon from the other side. Something didn't feel, right? He couldn't possibly be serious about this, right?

"W-wait! You're not mad about it?" 

"How could I be mad at you? It's your afterlife after all." 

"But you are a guardsman, usually if someone would've said that they'd be sent away or banished to another life!" 

"And? I'm your friend, I can't betray you like that without good reason. Now go on! What do you like about her?" 

"Where do I begin? Oh, her bravery, something about hers just strikes different. Especially the fact that she- never mind." 

Dex was just about to say that Sanity looked pretty hot covered in blood. As she continued to describe her to Clyde, he happily listened to her. When she was finished he got out of the tree and stood up, he stretched his wings a bit before coming up with an awful idea.

"If you like her so much, why not try to go to the other side and confess your feelings to her?" 

It took some quick convincing to get Dex into the idea of crossing to the other side. What is the thing to lose here?  Was there something to lose in the afterlife? Did it matter in the first place?

Besides if her heart is rejected she could always turn back, right?