Chapter 1: Elize Smith

Elize POV:

*Ring*... A phone call woke me up at 2:00 am in the morning. "Yes who's this?" I answered with a weak sleepy voice. "Elize I'm here at the hospital, Mom had a heart attack so I rushed her to the hospital" My sister said with a panicking voice. Do I grab my things and hailed a taxi. I was leaving at a apartment near my workplace which is one hour drive from the hospital. As soon as the taxi stop I jumped on the passenger's seat.

45 minutes later. I reached there early because it's not traffic. I have reached the hospital and quickly went to the receptionist,
"Excuse me,  where's the room of Elleana Smith?" I ask the receptionist with a breathless voice. "Room 24 ma'am" she answered. So I rushed to her and as soon as I reach the ward, I was trying to catch my breath and hugged my mom. My mom was already conscious so she hugged me back. "Mom are you okay now? Do you need anything? Do you want water?" I asked her. "I'm fine Elize. And I don't need anything as long as you and your sister is here with me now." My mom answered weakly. I hugged my mom once again.

My mom was a single mom since our father left us the day Sam was born. Sam Smith is my sister she's 19 years old, 1st year college but she's also working part time job to help me in paying the bills. And I am Elize Smith,  I am my family's breadwinner and  I don't have a college degree since I need to work  fulltime for my family. I work at a fastfood chain and the salary was not enough to feed my family. So I have extra part time jobs, I baby sit, I work as a janitress at a company.

I fell asleep beside my mom.
My sister woke me up. And I checked my phone it's 6:04 am. Thankfully it's Sunday so Sam doesn't have a class to attend. We agreed that Sam will take of Mom while I work. My work starts at 8 am so I need to be fast. I hailed a cab and drove to my apartment. And I take a bath and changed my clothes. I reached at my workplace at 8 am. I skipped lunch every day. Once my work is done I went to my apartment.
I heard my roommates talking about work.

"My friend in states told me they are hiring" one of my roommate said.

"What job?" I replied.

"They are hiring a club server. With a salary average 25,000 to 100,000 dollars" she answered " who's in" she added.

"I'm in" I happily replied. I was thinking that  the salary was good and money is all I need now.

"I'll send you the online application later." She said.

"Thank you" I replied.

After that I went to the hospital and told them the good news. They were happy but felt a little lonely. "So you'll stay in States?" Sam asked sadly. "Yes" I replied. "It's the only thing that could help us right now" I added. "When will you leave then?" Mom asked . "I'm not sure yet mom".

My roommate sent me the application and I answered it. After answering it a sentence flashes, "We'll call you".

After a week my mom was released out of the hospital. And the nurse was about to send me the bills and my phone rings. "Can I answer it for a moment?" I asked the nurse. "Go ahead ma'am". I answered it and it was a call from the club. I was accepted. And as I look at the bill my world turned upside down. It's 67,600.