Chapter Sixteen

Az

A tiny shaft of sunlight peeked through the drapes as I slowly stirred. I was wrapped in Marcus' arms, my back to his front, his warmth keeping the morning chill away from my bare skin. It took me a moment to realise, as I woke up fully, that I had slept, and slept well, in a bed. For the first time since the day that I was taken. I lifted my hand to trace the beautiful brown skin of Marcus' arm. I thought this would be hard for me, that I would have flashbacks or shudder away from him or shut down. But it was like he took all of the many bad memories I had of intimacy and swept them away, painted over them entirely with his lips, his hands, his...

I shifted, trying to keep my thoughts from getting too dirty. I shouldn't be getting this turned on just from touching his arm. Not after the amount of mind-numbingly good orgasms that he gave me last night.

I heard him wake up behind me, letting out a sleepy groan, and I felt his lips press against my shoulder. Which definitely didn't help my arousal level.

"Good morning," came his deep voice, coated with sleep. "I think this might be my new favourite thing."

I hummed. "What is?"

"Waking up with you."

"Really?" I couldn't help it; I rubbed myself against him a little. "That's you're new favourite thing?"

He turned me in his arms, hitching my leg up over his hips, and I felt his firm erection between us. "You're right," his voice was a low growl. "It's my second favourite thing."

With that he rammed into me, drawing a gasp, and as he pulled out and slammed himself back in, he leant forward and claimed my mouth, sucking my lower lip between his teeth. We moved together fiercely, fucking hard, and I came quickly, him following me soon after. We lay together for a moment, panting, covered in a light sheen of sweat.

"Hmm, good morning indeed," I murmured, and he chuckled as he pressed light kisses over my face.

He paused suddenly, eyes turning blank as he received a mindlink, and then he laughed out loud.

"Maria's asking me if I've seen you," he told me in a mock whisper, waggling his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. Hey Maria, I checked in with her.

Do you know what time it is, Heart? came her indignant voice. You never sleep in. What is going on?

I cleared my throat, ignoring Marcus' amused grin. Nothing. Have the others met on the lawn, yet?

Less of us were meeting first thing anymore, but it was still a little ritual that many of the survivors maintained, Maria and I included.

Yes of course they have. Hours ago, she huffed into my mind.

Huh. Well... I floundered. Sorry I missed it. I was... busy.

I heard a sly tone creep into her link. Busy, huh? With Marcus by any chance?

That is neither here nor there, Maria.

You were! Oh, I'm so proud of you, Heart. Did you mate him?

I... uh... maybe.

I heard an excited squeal in my head. Details, girly, I need details! Oh! Did you try that thing I told you about? Maybe you two should... I blushed as she proceeded to offer extremely graphic suggestions in my head, and Marcus laughed at the colour on my cheeks.

Goodbye, Maria, I interrupted her, slamming down the block in my mind.

"So, I'm guessing Maria knows what we've been up to, huh?" Marcus asked, a sly grin on his face.

"Yep. She offered a few... suggestions, for us to try."

"Oh really? Anything good?"

"Well..." I leant forward to whisper in his ear. He grinned at me, and, without a word, ducked down under the blanket as heat swept through me once again.