Chapter 1

My name is Meagan Ava Jones. I'm living with my mom and my dad in our little castle. I'm 8 and I'm mommy and daddy's only princess.

Living in our neighborhood are such fun kids that I get to play in the park every weekend.

And I have my best friend, his name is Keaton. They live across the street and her mom was my mom's best friend.

Today is Saturday and I'm excited cause dad is going to take me to the park today.

"Hey princess! Are yah ready?" He smiled widely as he enter my room.

"Yes daddy!" I climbed at his back.

-----
"Hey Ava!" Keaton waved at me.

"Hi Kaeton!"

"Look what my dad got me, today!" He opened a box of peach rings.

"Oh my gosh! It's our favorite!"

"Yeah! And he told me I could share it with you!"

"Your dad was very nice!" I laughed as I ate one piece of peach ring.

We played all afternoon until we both fell asleep in the bench.
----
Today is Sunday and Mrs. Jackson, Keaton's mom invited us to have dinner with them. My mom cooked her special mashed potato.

After eating dinner, Keaton and I played in their living room.

"Keaton, do you remember the time when you're calling me Barbie Brat?" I asked him.

"I did, in first grade and you called me curly beast?"

We both laughed.

He is my best friend and I don't want anything to change between the two of us. I want to play with him in the park every weekends and I wanna have dinner with his family once in a while.

----
It was my 9th birthday, it's the 3rd of August. I have a princess party and my prince is Keaton.

That night, after mom and dad read me a bedtime story, dad gave me one more wrapped gift.

"What's this, Daddy?" I asked him.

"Open it my princess!" He kissed my forehead.

It was a Polaroid camera.

"Thank you daddy!" I hugged him.

"I want you to promise me one thing."

"What?"

"That you always capture the happiest moment of your life, okay?"

"How would I know if it was the happiest moment of my life?" I asked of confusion.

"You'll know when you feel so happy! And remember capture with all your heart to capture a perfect story." He smiled.

----
After a few years....

It's our last day in middle school! I'm so excited for high school.
Keaton and I still hang out, only not in the play ground anymore as we are both growing up. We somehow play video games. FIFA is one of our favorite game to play.

I was walking home with Keaton.

"Are you gonna hang out in my house tonight?" He asked me.

"Sure I will! It's Friday, I always go to your house at Friday's!"

He laughed, "yeah! Right!"

"Uhhhmmm? Why are we walking home together?" I asked.

"Cause my dad can't pick me up and your dad didn't pick you up and you've been waiting for an hour." He explained.

"Yeah! Right!" I smiled.
"Oh hey! Let's take a picture together!" I remembered.

"Why!?" He asked.

"Cause we always took pictures together everytime school ends!"

I snapped a photo of us.

"Ava? Since when did you become a photographer, again?" He asked. I know he heard about this story for a million times.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"Come on! I wanna hear it again."

"Okay! It was my 9th birthday. My dad gave me my first camera and he told me to capture my happiest moment. And that, I fell inlove in capturing moments. Memories that you can always look back by a picture."

"I always love that story." He smiled. "Do you think... We've made a story?" He asked.

"I believe. I believe we did! I got a photo album about us growing up! It is our story!" I smiled at him.

"Are we still gonna be best friends forever?" He asked.

"What do you think!?" I asked him back.

"What do you think?" He asked me back.

"That sounds good to me!"

"Same!"

"Promise?"

"Promise Ava!"

We did the pinky swear.

"I guess here we are!" Him.

"See yah later Barbie Brat!" He winked at me.

"See yah later, Curly Beast!" I laughed.

I opened the door of our house.

"Mom!? I'm home!!! Dad didn't pick me up!" I shouted as I room off my shoes.
"Mom?" No one's answering me.

But I heard a loud noise of a door shutting.

I walked upstairs and saw dad walking downstairs, he just passed by me.

"Dad!?" I ran after him.

"Dad!? Where are you going?" I ran through his car but he just left without a word.

I was crying as I went to his and moms room. I saw mom crying in their bed.

"Mom? What is wrong?" I asked

She didn't answer me, she just hugged me so tight.
-------------------