Chapter One: A Fresh Start

it's the first day after christmas break, and i'm so excited for school to see my bestie bernard - especially after breaking things off with.. metro man. ugh, he's so ugly. he cheated on me with that absolute slag; roxanne fucking ritchi. and i bet she's going to hate me even more when she sees me. oh well, i'm sure bernard will knock some sense into her if need be.

the sound of my alarm fills the room, the sunlight peeking through the curtain - great, a lovely monday. after picking my phone up, i see a flood of messages from the man whore himself. what a desperate bitch, why did he even want me back? he was the one who cheated. ensuring that i didn't click on them (y'know, so he doesn't think i read them), i got up to get changed and prepare for the day. power move, i'm such a girlboss. i arrive at the kitchen not long after i finished getting ready, preparing some toast and jam - i've got to be energised for my first day back at school, right? the toast i made was perfect - it was crunchy and crisp, with the layer of jam smothered over.. not too much or too little. absolutely fucking delicious. now satisfied and ready for my day, i grabbed my bag and made my journey to school.. of course, on the school bus. although there were other people shrieking and bursting my eardrums, i tried to ignore them and sit in a spare seat. however, the hoe himself had to come and ruin my day. metro man.

" hey y/n, is this seat taken? i wanted to come speak with you about some.. things. especially since you haven't replied to my messages. " he said with a sigh, sitting beside me anyway - sweeping his luxurious black locks away from those eyes. even though i hate him, i have to admit.. he's a very handsome man. metro man puts his arm around my shoulders, causing me to tense and scoot away slightly, looking out the window. a frown tugged at the corners of my lips. 

" please leave me alone metro man, i'm really not in the mood. you're the one who decided to cheat, it's too late to apologise now.. " i sigh, shaking my head at his sad attempt to speak with me. does he really think i'll give him another chance?

" please y/n, i can change! i'm willing to be music man for you, not metro man. please just give me another chance.. roxanne ritchi is out of the picture. " he pleaded, grabbing my small hands and lifting them to press a kiss to them. as i tried to pull them away, he continued. " i can even sing for you! hit it, lads! "

before i had the chance to speak, he broke into song and that weird nerd kid.. minion, or whatever his name was, started playing a harmonica and a ukulele. where did they come from?

" little do you know
how i'm breakin' while you fall asleep
little do you know
i'm still haunted by the memories
little do you know
i'm tryin' to pick myself up piece by piece
little do you know
i need a little more time 
underneath it all i'm held captive by the hole inside
i've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind
i'm ready to forgive you, but forgettin' is a harder fight
little do you know
i need a little more time 
i'll wait, i'll wait
i love you like you've never felt the pain, i'll wait
i promise you don't have to be afraid, i'll wait
love is here and here to stay
so lay your head on me. "

" metro man, please stop it- " i protested, but he just.. kept going. everyone on the bus was staring at him in shock, yet i was embarrassed by his little performance. everyone was even dancing! he suddenly spun and offered me a rose - if he really knew me, he'd have known i was allergic. 

" little do you know
i know you're hurt while i'm sound asleep
little do you know
all my mistakes are slowly drownin' me
little do you know
i'm tryin' to make it better piece by piece
little do you know I
i love you 'til the sun dies, 
oh wait, just wait

i love you like i've never felt the pain
just wait
i love you like i've never been afraid
just wait
our love is here, and here to stay
so lay your head on me
i'll wait , i'll wait
i love you like you've never felt the pain, i'll wait
i promise you don't have to be afraid, i'll wait
love is here, and here to stay

so lay your head on me.

'cause little do you know i
i love you 'til the sun dies. "

as the song came to an end, the other students on the bus cheered and clapped for the icon - however, i was certainly not a happy chappy. the bus came to a halt and i stormed past metro man, shoving him to the side before getting off. why not walk the rest of the way? i couldn't stand to be around him for much longer. i marched down the street and made my way towards the school, piles of books in hand - it was frustrating walking, but i suppose it's much better than spending more time around metro man and his silly fangirls. hoping to pass some time while i travelled, i pulled out my favourite book... 'when we collided' by emery lord. such a good romance novel, 10/10 would recommend. i must've been so entranced by this beautiful book, that within seconds of finishing a chapter, i went crashing into a strong chest. before i knew it, i was stumbling forwards into the street and my books went flying- oh no! not when we collided! there wasn't much time to react and grab it, as my life flashed before my eyes; a car speeding and it was inches away from my nose. was this the end? was this where i collided, not with my true love but... a car? with death? 

i accepted my fate. goodbye mom, goodbye dad, i'll collide with you in heaven one day. goodbye bernard, i'll miss you. and goodbye metro man... i hope to never collide with you again, but you are pretty handsome.

just as the vehicle was about to hit me square in the face, a strong, veiny blue hand grabbed my own and pulled me into safety - more specifically, his arms. who was this handsome stranger? oh wait, is that...