Part 1

Papa and I weren't actually family?

Ema sits on a bench outside with the dark night surrounding her. Rain drops soak through her clothes and catch in her hair as she stares down at the paper in her hands.

Papa...

Her phone rings and she pulls it out of her bag. After a glance at the caller, she declines the call.

"Couldn't you at least answer it?" Natsume asks, holding out his phone. His suit is ruffled and dripping from the rain.

"Natsume, what are you doing?"

"Hey, that's my line. I got a call that you hadn't come home, so I've been looking for you."

Ema looks down and quietly asks, "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'?" Natsume asks back, surprised.

"Because... I'm someone that no one needs."

"Did something happen?"

Ema doesn't answer, just continues to look down at the paper in her grip.

"Anyway, I'm going to let Ukyo know."

"Please don't call him. I don't... want to go home." Ema gazes up at Natsume with pleading eyes.

"Seriously, what happened to you?"

Ema looks away again and stays silent.

Natsume watches her for a moment before saying, "You don't want to go home, no matter what?"

Still no reply.

"Then, would my apartment be okay? If you're not opposed to the idea, then come with me. It'll be better than staying out here."

Ema hesitates for a moment before standing up and following Natsume. They don't talk on the way there, just quietly walk together through the raining night.