• the first encounter •

>|[•••∆•••]|<

Tonight was just like any other for a teenage girl named Julie.
Julie's neighbour, who she hasn't caught the name of yet, always has band practices on Fridays. You can probably guess these sessions are very loud. This has always ruined Julie's attempts of a peaceful end-of-the-week sleep.

Tonight, she decided to do something about it, because she was tired of having to listen to the rapid beating of drums and constant strumming of an electric guitar. How they hadn't already got a noise complaint was beyond her.

So, in her white grippy socks, winter pyjamas and loose ginger hair she shuffled along the sidewalk and rung her neighbour's doorbell. The door creaked open, and to Julie's surprise, was a tall, woman ( not really, but Julie doesn't know that ) with short fluffy hair, dyed a pale pinkish red.

"Well, I was not expecting that." thought Julie. They held eye contact for a few moments, before the woman ( still not really ) decided to break the silence. "Well? Why are you here? Aren't you one of my neighbours?" the woman asked. "O-oh! Yes I am. I wanted to ask you to please be quieter, I am trying to get to sleep, but your music is very loud." she replied. " We can do that. Sorry for the hassle. " And that was that.

Julie left the doorstep, a bit puzzled. "That seemed too easy, but I'm not complaining." she thought.

-

That night, as she lay in bed, she could still faintly hear the music. It wasn't nearly as loud as before, and sounded fuzzy from the surfaces and distance between them. Though thoughts of the strange woman fogged her usual line of thinking.  She thought about the woman's appearance as she hadn't seen that type of person before. The woman was very tall, first off, and she had fluffy pinkish red hair that reached just below the jaw. She wore a very baggy dark grey jersey (jumper or sweater) with a button - up collar sticking out, lots of jewellery, ripped jeans and very out of place fluffy bunny slippers. But what stuck out to Julie the most was her face. The woman had thick eyeliner ( cat eye ) , light blush and pale monochrome lipstick along with beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

Julie wasn't sure what to make with this information, but she knew that she did want to get to know this mysterious woman better.

403 words • 22 Dec 2021

thank you for reading! I'm excited to see where this story goes and I hope you, the reader, are excited too!

if enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting! thank you <3

– ram