Death of a Hero (Shino Angst) |PART 1|

Warnings: Mild Cursing, Reference of Character Death, Blood (Self-Inflicted wound- not C#tting), Nightmares.

Enjoy the angst! More to come at some point! :D

-----

His words rang in my head, I circled around in the dark, crying out for help. I banged on the walls, screaming as loud as my lungs would let me, my throat quickly growing hoarse. This couldn't be my end.. I couldn't starve down here. Hot tears dripped down my face as I continued to bang on the sealed metal door. I couldn't move it... and most likely there were large boxes over the top of the hatch.... If I opened it I could just be piled in worse. Was there no hope? I felt myself spinning in this hopeless darkness that clung to me. Then there was a bang.

"Mm?!?-" I gasped in surprise, my head quickly darting up from resting on my arms, looking around quickly. Davis was standing in the library, he'd dropped a book on the table in front of me. "O-oh hey-" I quickly blurted, sitting back in the seat, rubbing my eyes quickly in fear that I had tears from my nightmare. "Hey, Shino.. You alright? You kinda passed out here from what it looks like.." Davis questioned quietly. As far as I knew, there weren't any other students in the room, but pF I was asleep so how could I know?

"Yeah- I'm okay. Guess homework was just that boring today-" I chuckled half-heartedly, flipping my book closed. Davis kinda seemed to stare at me for a bit, then he sighed after a few seconds, replying, "Yeah.. Or you haven't been taking care of yourself." I looked down, rolling my eyes, retorting softly, "You need to take care of yourself first bud. Then you can try that. And I have been taking care of myself. Just didn't get a good rest last night from some dreams."

"Dreams?"

"Yeah.."

"Anything in particular?.."

"N-....no Just... it's just a dumb nightmare Davis."

"It might not be."

"I very much doubt any of it will come true-"

"It could be a metaphor for something you're worried about-"

"Davis." I looked at him with a sigh. "Thank you. For trying to help me. I appreciate it. But I'm okay- alright?" His shoulders lowered a bit, looking around a bit before his gaze dropped... well I assumed it did, it was hard to see his eyes at all through his visor. I mean that was its point, but - hh- whatever. "Alright. Sorry." My stomach twisted a bit, hearing the small tinge of guilt and disappointment in his tone. I hated making people feel bad like that. I huffed quietly to myself, then responded, "Don't say sorry. You're just trying to help and I appreciate it- mk?" I looked at Davis, the both of us still and silent for a few moments before he nodded.

I pulled out my phone, getting up as I tucked my book and notebook into my backpack again... It was late in the day, but I didn't have another class for a good 30 minutes or so. "Did you have anything to eat Davis?" I asked him, still packing up my backpack. He hummed quietly in a 'yes' response, and I nodded, zipping up my backpack and swinging it on. "Good- Alright- Remember if you need food- come to me. Seriously- "

"Shino-"

"Shush. You need to eat. And that's important."

"I-"

He went silent for a few moments, then seemed to just give up the fight, nodding and sighing. I gave a short, triumphant grin, then patted his shoulder. He gave me a small smile, which I returned with my own, before getting startled by the sound of someone clearing their throat behind us. I jumped slightly, spinning around to face the source, Ronin. "O-oh h-hi!- Hi-i there?" He sorta gave me an unimpressed look at my flusteredness. You couldn't blame me! I wasn't expecting someone-!! Davis gave a soft laugh at my jumpiness, turning to Ronin.