Chapter 5

Everyone was gathered around the field outside the campus. You could hear the quite confused chattering of the student around me. Mina had once again made her way next to you along with the other girls from earlier. You knew everyone was wondering why we were brought outside while the other classes were going to the first-day ceremony. Aizawa made his way to the front of the group and his presence made the group quickly quiet down.

Turns out the class will have to take a quirk assessment test. Even though you had scored high on the entrance exam, you could not help but fear you would not do as well as others on this test. The main reason you scored so high was because of the scythe part of her quirk made it easy to destroy robots.

"Here in U.A High, we're not tethered to traditions like your old schools. That means I get to run my class how I see fit."

'How he sees fit..." That line was a bit worrying. If the teachers can run their class however they want, ending up with the wrong teacher can affect how the school year goes. The need to make a good first impression grows in your head.

"Softball pitch. Grip Strength Test. Standing long jump. Fifty-meter dash. Endurance running. Sustained sideways jumps. Upper body exercise and seated toe touch."

So these were all the tests you needed to pass. Which of these tests would your quirk be useful in?

"Bakugo, you managed to get the most points in the entrance exam."

Your gaze shifts from your teacher to the familiar blond-haired boy in the front. 'So he ended up getting first in the tests.'

"What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in junior high?"

"Sixty-seven meters I think."

"Try doing it with your quirk. Don't hold back. Anything goes, just stay in the white circle."

Bakugo stepped up looking slightly uninterested. But you knew better than to think that. He seemed the type to believe he was the best. And considering the fact that he placed first, he must have the power to back that up. This was going to be his first impression on the class. How was he going to do it?

Unfortunately, the whole time you were watching Bakugo, a scary aura seemed to have fallen over you. Making your innocent glace seem more like a menacing glare as the air around you got colder. The girls around you could not help but shiver as the class had the collective thought of

'SCARY!'

Except for Bakugo, who instead thought she was challenging him. So circling his arms back he threw the softball with a blast with a yell of

"DIIEEEE"

'Ah so that's the kind of impression he is going to make'

Aizawa held up a device showing how far the softball went.

705.2 Meters.

'So he is truly strong.'

It's understandable that he got first.

"It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a Pro-Hero."

'Our potential, out fate as hero's is decided by how far we can throw a ball?"

"I want to try, that looks like fun!" Mina exclaimed

"That's what I'm talking about! Using our quirks as much as we want!"

The murmurs of the class started again as the class got more excited. In theory, this could be fun. A chance to show off what you could do with your quirk. But this was clearly not the reaction Aizawa wanted from the class.