The Hierarchy of the Spirit Worlds

(Above: Derya, Goddess of the Waters in human form)

The hierarchy of the Heavenly realm, the home of Gods, Goddesses, and their soldiers, goes as follows:

- The Creator.

-The Gods and Goddesses (more commonly known as the Treasured).

-The Heavenly Commanders.

-The Heavenly Soldiers.

-The Fallen.

The Creator, like the name, is the creator of all of Neridia's living beings. Nobody, including the Gods and Goddesses, has ever heard The Creator directly speak or seen them. The only time that anyone, living or dead, has seen a sign of The Creator is when Gods and Goddesses are chosen. They receive a telepathic message after death requesting them to become one of the Treasured. Besides this, The Creator is a complete mystery.

The Gods and Goddesses- more commonly known as the Treasured- are deceased humans of various backgrounds. During their life, they made a tremendous impact on their world, society, or their home, thus were chosen to carry on a life as one of the Treasured. Each of the Treasured has an important item- more commonly called an artifact- they owned during their mortal lives with them in the Heavenly Realm. For example, Eira, the goddess of magick, has a mysterious crystal necklace with wondrous powers that she found as a child during her mortal life.

The Heavenly Commanders work directly for the Treasured. Heavenly Commanders are deceased humans, normally those who lived a life in positions of moderate authority. People like commanding knights, spiritual, magickal, and tribal leaders could be seen in this group. They assume this role after death by request of the Treasured. They are allowed to deny the position if they choose. Even though Heavenly Commanders work for the Treasured, they rarely see them as their assignments are normally sent to them telepathically.

The Heavenly Soldiers work under the Heavenly Commanders. They do all the tasks that are passed down to them from the Heavenly Commanders who received them from the Treasured. Each Heavenly Soldier is a part of a section with one of the Heavenly Commanders and up to one hundred other soldiers. They are able to travel back and forth between the mortal and heavenly realms to complete their duties. While they are in the mortal realm, they can be invisible or choose to take human form and blend in with the commonfolk.

The Fallen are the dead. In the Heavenly realm, they cannot age past the age they died at, feel pain, hunger, thirst, or exhaustion. They live peaceful lives alongside anyone they choose. They are still able to feel emotions like the living, but the environment in the Heavenly realm creates positive energies that make it difficult for anyone to feel negative emotions. Just like the mortal realm's portals, however, there are methods of transport in the Heavenly realm- the Fallen can escape the heavenly realm and make visits to mortal grounds. Their souls will wear quickly, so visits are normally only a few minutes long. They will appear near whoever they meant to visit, whether it be a place or a person.

The Heavenly realm is known to be the most beautiful place in existence, but not everyone will see it. Souls who didn't earn a place in the Heavenly realm will find themselves stuck in the mortal realm for eternity, but with the help of magick, they can be sent to peace. 

The hierarchy of the Beneath, the opposing realm to the Heavenly realm, goes as follows:

- "The Titan"

- Merdos or "Death"

- Rogues

"The Titan" is a forbidden topic beyond royal folk and the Treasured in Neridia. He was one of the first humans in existence and was created with a malevolent soul. He was naturally violent and apathetic, which caused him to become an outcast. He was sent to the Beneath by Derya, Vipin, Eira, and Kai after committing horrific crimes so he would suffer alone for eternity. Somehow, using magick, he found a way to bring souls like his to the Beneath and he gradually created an entire civilization of malevolent souls.

Merdos, more commonly known as "Death", is in charge of finding souls who do not belong in the Heavenly realm. He is seldom seen by humans, but there are several recorded sightings of him throughout history. He is known to wear a black robe and his face is always cast over by a shadow. He is also able to detect someone's personality and weaknesses at first glance, which is why he is such a great candidate to search for lost souls.

Rogues are every other soul in the Beneath. They are people of all backgrounds from all three worlds, but there are some patterns in the group. They are normally middle-aged, racially accepted men originating from broken families. Many Rogues are also from the Underworld.

The relationship between the two realms is very hostile.