Chapter XII: Identity Kept Hidden

Just like every other night, Jungkook found himself drinking again just so he could get a good sleep. Well, he haven't had a good sleep in a decade or more because of all the things keeping his mind and soul wide awake at night.

His life is more than what it seems to everyone's eyes. People simply believe what they see, and doesn't bother acknowledging what's really happening. And he doesn't have enough energy to defend himself, so he just let them believe whatever they want to. Even after clearing himself, It's not like it'll make his life more better and less problematic.

Jungkook poured more of Balkan 176 Vodka into his glass that has 88% of alcohol. Drinking is his only way of forgetting his misery, though it will not be permanently gone. Atleast he'll forget about everything for a moment and be numb.

"Drinking won't solve your problems. It'll give health complications instead". Mara told her older brother as she softly snatch his drink away.

Yes, Jungkook has a younger sister. Nobody knows about her being his sister, he made sure no one did. Jeon Mara is the sister Jungkook shares with Taehyung. Taehyung's father got Jungkook's mother pregnant from the night he forced himself onto her.

He made sure that she's being protected all the time from the world's cruelty. Jungkook basically doesn't want her to experience any of that, he loves her a lot that it'll break him if she did.

The reason why he kept her away from the world is because of the Kim family. They will just ruin and destroy Mara's peaceful life if they accidentally knew about her identity. It's either half of their family wants her included in their family circle, while the rest would want her dead because of the wealth and power they might need to share with her.

There is even a high chance that they might not get anything at all if Kim Minso finds out he has another child other than Taehyung. And that's something a power-hungry Kim relative would never want.

"Let me be just for this night. This is the only thing letting your brother sleep, Arya. You wouldn't want me to stay up all night while you snore out loud, right?". Jungkook chuckled as he pull back his drink from his sister and started taking a shot again.

"Hey! I don't snore out loud when I sleep". She rolled her eyes and sat down on the chair beside him in the balcony.

"Yeah, I forgot that saliva drips out of the corner of your lips instead". Jungkook started teasing his sister.

"You're just changing the topic, brother. Teasing me until I walk out and give up won't work on me tonight". Arya spoke.

"I'm the older one here, you know". Jungkook replied.

"Yeah, but you're the most irresponsible one". She spat.

"I'll just finish this bottle and then I'll go to sleep, how does that sound to you?". Jungkook said.

"It's breaking my ear drums. I heard that way too many times". Arya replied.

She started pouring herself a drink, and was about to gulp it when Jungkook snatched the glass of vodka away from her hold. "My dear hardheaded yet smart and beloved brother, If you don't want to leave then I'll join you 'till dawn whether you like it or not". Arya challenged which of course didn't got accepted by Jungkook.

"Alright". He sighed.

"You win. Let's go now, you're not drinking any of that". Jungkook stood up from his chair and held his sister's arm.

"It's about her isn't it?". Arya questioned.

"No". He replied.

"Your eyes says otherwise". She said.

Jungkook remained silent, he couldn't think of the right words to say. His sister is obviously right. He could lie to her but she would never believe any of it because of how much she knows him well.

"Can we not talk about her right now? I'm not in the mood to regret everything I stupidly did". Jungkook said.

Arya nodded in agreement, she doesn't want to push her brother to the limits. She doesn't want to break him more. He might look like nothing can tear him down, but you'll notice that he's very fragile once he lets you get close, to the point he's avoiding everything that can cause him to lose his sanity.

"Are you alright? Tell me that you do". Arya said.

"For as long as I have you with me, I'll be alright". Jungkook spoke.

"So I advise you to start accepting the fact that you'll die unmarried". He joke, making Arya hit his shoulder.

Jungkook will always find a way to brighten up the mood to cover up his pain. He doesn't want to be seen weak. He wants to be strong, especially infront of his beloved younger sister. The only one that matters.

"Once it's finally your time to settle down with the man destined for you to live the rest of your life with, I just hope he doesn't break your precious heart that I kept protected for years". Jungkook place a kiss on his sister's forehead.

"Be ready to be called widow once he did". He added. No sign of joking is visible.

TO BE CONTINUED...