Crystalized Heart.

(Me: *Writing about Gem* Wait a moment *realized that I hardly know anything about how she acts* I should go watch some of her videos.

My brain: Or Or! You could based her of yourself and Gandalf!

Me: But I'm too apathetic for Gem?

My brain: So? It's a fanfic, nobody expects the characters to act like how their supposed to.

Me: ...You got a point there.
~~

Gem is a bit too apathetic in this one, I am sorry.)

Somewhere, just outside a humble mountain village, is a cave. The inside was kept warm despite the cold rain just outside by a campfire. Numerous supplies scattered on the side, bags filled with clothes and different items.

People inhabited the cave, one little girl, a woman, and a babe, all three having red hair.

A tiny hand reached out for his mother's cloak. A frustrated noise escaping his small mouth as he failed his sole mission. Eyes blinking tiredly.

Green eyes watched him curiously. 

Who is this baby?

"Mother?" A soft voice ask, belonging to a young red-headed girl with emerald green eyes. Dressed in a thin green dress with floral patterns and her hair in a singular braid. Her black cloak dragged on the dusty floor as she kneeled infront of her sitting mother. Tiny transparent wings flapped on her back. They look quite similar to purple glass panes. 

"Yes dear?" A feminine voice answers, it's owner a tired looking redhead. Her features similar to that of the young girl, except for her eyes, for they were the color of coffee, and her hair, being tied behind her in a tight ponytail. She's wearing a loose red knee-length dress, and a dark brown cloak around her shoulders.

"Who is he?" The young girl asked, voice intrigued. Is this the reason as to why they had to stay in this place near the small village for an entire year? Gem wasn't used to staying in one place, she and her mother normally only stayed in a village long enough to get supplies, usually taking about a few days, before leaving the current server and leaving for another one.

All that she knew was that one day, about a week after her mother left for the village and didn't get back until the next day. Her mother had looked exhausted, yet satisfied. There was a weird look in her eyes, dark and yet-something else. 

She gave no explanation, only that they had to stay a year, and that after that they would leave. It was weird, and a bit out of character of her.

And that was okay, because Gem already knew what was happening. The green eyed girl was anything if not observant.

She didn't stay with Gem for the entire year, halfway through it she left the cave for the remainder of the year with -once again- no explanation. She did say that it's for something important, that she'll be back soon. 

When she did come back, she only did so whenever Gem was asleep (whenever she thought she was, anyways) or whenever she's out in the forest surrounding the cave. And it was only to drop off stuff, like money and clothes. They weren't that much, the money was sparse and the clothes tin. But begers can't be choosers. 

When her mother finally showed herself fully, it was with a baby. 

Not quite what she expected, but not unwelcomed.

She had thought that it was just a small affair. But clearly it was anything but, If the child currently in the woman's arms were anything to go by.