Change pt 5

Yeji pov
"Be grateful that I waited for you Yeonjun."

I tried to act like how I do normally to start a conversation, that would eventually lead me to fish out answers from him.

"Oh come on Yeddong, I know you love me, of course you'll wait for me."

Yeonjun's whispered in Yeji's ear, then he hung his arm around the girl's shoulders.

"Hey you-
I turned to my right and was about to remove his hand from my shoulder, it was until I noticed a bruise on his pale hand.

Yeonjun pulled his hand away before I could even look closely.

"Yeddong let's go home quickly! I'm hungry already."

He stopped teasing me and ran quickly towards the direction of my house.

I could not even react and try to ask him about the situation...Yeonjun...What are you hiding from me?

Yeonjun pov
The 23rd time. But this time was different, she finally saw the bruise. Is she finally letting go? Is change finally going to come?

Yeji pov
After that day, it was like Yeonjun could tell what I was planning to do, he had dodged all the questions I threw to him. Seriously, if he's gonna act like that how am I going to be able to save him?

It's 22nd already...I have no more time. There's only one day left. If Yeonjun is not going to cooperate and there's no more time to find the reason behind his death, the only way left is to reach the mountain before he jumps.

-timeskip-

Yeji pov

Today is the day...the day where Yeonjun dies. I hopped off bed early today and ran downstairs hoping to see Yeonjun. But the blue haired boy was no where in sight. Yeonjun...where are you?

Running. It was what I was doing the whole day. Even though there's still a bit of time before the time he jumps off the mountain, but the familiar feeling from my throat forces me to be highly nervous the entire day, the feeling of a rope tightening around my neck.

Right after school, I basically raced to mount midoa. Is it just me that is hallucinating, or is the time passing so quickly today?

My sore legs took me to the top of mount midoa, I looked at the time.

9:10 pm

Shit! Only three minutes left! I ran and ran, the image of a blue haired boy, standing at the edge of the cliff, his head drooping down and a hopeless silhouette was what I was expecting.

But, the familiar boy was standing there, right by the cliff. He did not look like he was in a state of hopelessness, at least not like a person who would take his own life in 3 minutes. What was even weirder was that, he was looking at the direction I came from even before I reached there. It was like, he was waiting for me.

"Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun pov
She came. The 23rd time. At the exact same place and exact same time. 3 minutes before the death of me back then.

Sorry for disappearing for such a long time! I have been busy with a lot of things this year, but please look forward to more updates in 2022!