Chasing

A 32-year-old man hurriedly grabbed his car keys and didn't think twice before rushing out. His wife who was 9 months pregnant was suddenly reported to have a stomach-ache. He never intended to let her go on her own. But she said she had to apply for maternity leave at her work. The department has to follow some basic protocols before passing the approval. She was hospitalized in the late evening when she was about to leave the office for 6 months. However, no one contacted him till now. It was 11pm when he reached home and didn't find his wife. At first, he thought that as usual his dear wife would be at their neighbour's place out of boredom of staying alone in their lonely apartment. Yet, even after 12:30AM when she didn't reach home, he called her up.

First two calls went unanswered and the last call was fortunately received by a lady. Upon inquiring, the lady who was working as a nurse at the hospital X, finally informed that the owner of this phone is undergoing labour pain.

For the first time in his life, Lan WangJi cussed at this unfortunate event that appeared out of nowhere. It was just in the evening that he had called his wife to check on her. And she had replied cheerfully that she was done with her work and will cook something before visiting their neighbour. She had excitedly said that when he returned from office, they will have a candlelight dinner in their room. But who knew what fate had concealed for them in its sleeves?!

He got into his car hastily and stepped on the accelerator to be by his wife's side, encouraging her and telling her that he loves them. He chooses the shortcut to reach the destination at the earliest. He was already too late. The shortcut path was an abandoned road which was passing through the burned locality. Around a decade back, this zone went through an explosion of a fuel station and the number of deaths and damages wouldn't be estimated for nearly a month. Lan WangJi has chosen this path whenever he had to reach the centre of the city at the earliest. Their place of stay was on the outskirts of the city, which was not only peaceful to live but the neighbours were caring too. They had moved in recently when his wife was in the 5th month of pregnancy. The neighbourhood helped his wife a lot and she already formed a bond with other housewives. The females from this locality don't normally step out for work. Their husband goes out for work and they raise children at home. Looking at how happy his wife was after shifting here, Lan WangJi was content.

At the same time, by the side of that remnant of locality, amidst the broken buildings were a clique of thousand years old vampires. The information had that the newly formed gang of vampires happened to invade their territory. The thousand year's old vampires would've let the newly dead survive. Yet, this case was different. These newly formed vampires were killing too many in the city and they have already acquired the unnecessary attention. If the investigation department happened to get an air of this, even their stay over this place for the decade would be threatened.

Wei WuXian who had always been careful about their identity happened to be in this city to meet his adoptive family. When he arrived here, there were strong smells of blood thirsty vampire. Upon asking Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli about the ongoing situation, they revealed the truth saying they will soon have to relocate as this place wasn't safe for them. He spent a night knowing everything about these newborns and after watching how these people just bite, sips a little amount of blood and throw the body before going for the next one, he got irked.

Saying that he will take care of these vampires tonight, Wei WuXian was about to set out when Jiang Cheng came forward to join the battle. He knew the ability of Wei WuXian, he knew that his sworn brother was enough to take down everyone in a minute. Yet, there was always this temptation to watch and participate in the fight. It's been a century since he participated in something as in clearing-the-dirt-for-survival.

As a result, even Jiang Cheng's girlfriend Wen Qing, his sister Jiang Yanli and her husband joined them. A group of 5 people left their abode in the middle of night. The amateur vampires bring their prey into the abandoned place where all there is left is remnants of what once was a phosphorous locality that everyone dreamed of staying in. The burned down buildings were providing the place that half dead people were seeking for to hide their prey.