Across

.

At once Wei WuXian sat upright, "...Lan Zhan" he called again. And this time the person with light blue eyes turned around to look at him. "Who are you?" he asked instead. And Wei WuXian's heart churned at the unbearable emotional torment. His love doesn't recognize him.

Before Wei WuXian could say anything, Lan WangJi spoke again, "Thank you for saving me. I have to meet my wife soon."

At once Wei WuXian didn't know how to respond. The lying person gets himself into a sitting position. He feels the changes his body has undergone. But he cannot pinpoint what exactly is wrong with him. When he couldn't put one and one together for a long time, he went to heave a sigh.

And that's what strikes him. He is no longer breathing. But he wasn't dead either. Hesitantly he turned around to face the person sitting beside him. He recalled what this person called him as. Lan Zhan?

"Who are you and what you did to me?" He asked, looking skeptical at the person who doesn't seem like breathing at all. They were the same. There was some inscrutable itchiness in his throat and wanted to drink something. Something that is warm, tasty and.. he smelled it. But he couldn't find it. He wants to drink. The thirst to have something was becoming peremptory with every passage of second.

The figure sitting beside him finally reacted. He stood up and went towards the door without saying anything. At the doorway, he only turned around to look at Lan Wangji. He didn't utter any word, but his gaze gave a command and Lan Wangji, the newly converted vampire had to submit to the grandmaster. He nodded and hung his head low, anticipating the other to aid his itchiness, to feed him something to fade his hunger.

The figure disappeared behind the door and soon appeared with a bag. A straw was inserted at the corner of the bag. The plastic bag looked similar to that of a blood bag. Lan WangJi at once got on his feet after sniffing the things he wanted. Wei WuXian handed the bag over. "Have something. You must be hungry." He spoke. And with a nod, Lan WangJi started sipping the delicacy solemnly.

Only after he finished drinking it did he realise the smell.

It's human blood.

A horror of reality struck his life. He was drinking human blood. He looked at the person standing in front of him in disgust. "What have you made me do?" he yelled. "This is blood. Blood. Human blood. I drank... human blood." Lan Wangji said in anxiety. In his entire life, he hadn't done something as disgusting as drinking human blood. He never had any meat either. All he ate were the vegetables. But he knew the smell of human blood.

"Do you feel hungry?" Wei WiXian asked calmly as this reaction of Lan WangJi was anticipated by him long back. Thousand years back, despite Lan WangJi's begging Wei Wuxian didn't convert him for the same reasons and had assured his love that he would like to wait. But no one told him that he would have to wait for a thousand years.

At once Lan Wangji became sober. The itch to drink something warm, it was nothing but the itch to drink human blood. The creatures who feed on humans are monsters. He glanced at the figure who looked like he was in his twenties. Or perhaps he has been in twenties since forever. "Who are you?" Lan WangJi finally asked again. Last time he didn't want to know the identity of his saviour, but this time he wants to know the identity of the culprit.

Wei WuXian stepped forward, he smiled which reached the corners of his eyes. "Lan Zhan." He whispered and coiled his hand around that waist. "It's been really long. Missed you so much." His mumbling was soft against Lan WangJi's neck. If Lan WangJi hadn't had the keen senses to hear it after conversion, his human form may not have gasped on these words easily.