0.7 || Honorary Ball Pt. 2

⠀⠀⠀"Sometimes there's honor in revenge."

⠀⠀⠀- Elijah Mikaelson, The Vampire Diaries

⠀⠀⠀CHAPTER SEVEN

⠀⠀⠀Christmas Eve arrived in no time. Scarlett, Hermione and Ginny had boughten their dresses, Hermione talking non-stop how Ronald asked her to the dance as they did so. As the two prepared themselves, so did everyone else. Professor McGonagall and the teachers helped set up the Great Hall for the special occasion.

⠀⠀⠀At last, the hour had come. Stefan stood beside his brother, who held Elena close to his side, in the Great Hall, glancing at his surroundings- in search of any signs for Scarlett.

⠀⠀⠀"Don't worry, Stefan. She'll come- I'm sure of it." Elena reassured with a small smile. Stefan swiped his tongue across his lips, wetting it and giving her the nod of his head. Caroline and Klaus approached the three, and greeted them.

⠀⠀⠀As the spoke to each other and waited, Caroline looked upwards at the staircase and muttered a small, "Wow. She's beautiful..." The five of them turned around and glanced upwards at the girl who stood out from the rest. She wore a short, white laced dress that went down to about her knees- her hair parted neatly down the middle into curly brown locks.

⠀⠀⠀"Ah. Who is she with?" Niklaus asked his date, and Stefan's lips pulls themselves into a wide smile.

⠀⠀⠀"Me. She's with me." He replied, making the four look at him in surprise.

⠀⠀⠀"Really?" Caroline grinned.

⠀⠀⠀"Yep."

⠀⠀⠀"You should go to her." She nudged his arm, and he walked off towards Scarlett who was looking around the Great Hall silently. Stefan had to admit it, she was beautiful. She wore a

⠀⠀⠀"Scarlett." He greeted her, and she turned around to face him.

⠀⠀⠀"Stefan." Scarlett simply replied with.

⠀⠀⠀"I wanted to say that you look absolutely stunning this evening." He commented, and Scarlett felt her cheeks heat up- but she hid it underneath wide, toothy smile.

⠀⠀⠀The two stood there, admiring each other- neither of them knowing how to continue their conversation until Stefan finally decided that he would be the one to speak up.

⠀⠀⠀"May I have this dance?" He asked Scarlett, holding out his hand to her. Scarlett gladly accepted it, and they walked out onto the dance floor together where many couples were slow-dancing and exchanging light kisses here and there.

⠀⠀⠀Stefan placed his left hand firmly, but onto Scarlett's hip. The small, brown-haired girl securely wrapped her arms around him, with her right hand locked with his. He gazed upon her pure brown eyes, smiling down at the young woman before him- and began to move swiftly along the floor. The simplest touch of his hand burned into her skin, and Scarlett almost felt dizzy from his touch.

⠀⠀⠀The rhythm of their two bodies which danced slowly with the elegant music, was elegant. Her body fit his perfectly, together as one as they moved slowly to the playing music. Stefan would twirl her around occasionally, dipping her as he'd lean forward closer to her. Stefan took a moment to stare down at the beauty before him, his breathing in shallow movement, and his heart had suddenly felt heavy inside his chest.

⠀⠀⠀With the both their bodies nearly touching one another and their faces so close to each others, Scarlett's face turned into a shade of pink and her heart began to race. Stefan took in a deep breathe, and he pulled her back up into his arms as they continued to dance with one another in pure ecstasy.

⠀⠀⠀None of them had experienced anything like this before. Powerful magic grew with every sway and touch. All though they did not dare speak a word to each other, something was already there with them. But what was it? Love? Passion? Whatever it was, made Scarlett's cheek turn rosy pink and Stefan's heart flutter.

⠀⠀⠀And there, Scarlett Hilbrett and Stefan Salvatore danced slowly, together- chest upon chest, breath upon breath as their hearts mended as one.

⠀⠀⠀About an hour passed, Scarlett and Stefan had wrapped up their dancing and sealed right when Stefan placed a kiss to her forehead, and Scarlett noticed Elijah out from the corner of her eye. She thanked Stefan for a wonderful night, and quickly rushed over to Elijah who was drinking punch with his date, Katherine. Elijah dismissed Katherine respectively and smoothly when he saw Scarlett approach him.

⠀⠀⠀"Might I just say, you look beautiful Scarlett. Absolutely breathtaking."

⠀⠀⠀"You cleaned up nicely as well." She responded with. They sat down with one another and spoke for a while. They talked about Hogwarts, Scarlett's previous years, and their families.

⠀⠀⠀"Well Niklaus, will always be... Niklaus." Elijah concluded his explanation, Scarlett replying with a small nod. She told him about her mother, deceased father, and her younger brother, Andrew- how she missed them terribly. Elijah placed a hand on hers and reminded her that tomorrow she would be able to see them again- since it would be Christmas Day.

⠀⠀⠀Scarlett thought they were having a wonderful friend-to-friend, well, more of a professor-to-student, until she heard Elijah speak five words. The five words she did not want to hear in her lifetime, but especially this night. "There is a war brewing."

⠀⠀⠀"... There is a war brewing, Scarlett. And I do not like the looks of it." Elijah said as he stared out of the glass window into the distance. Then all of a sudden, it hit her.

⠀⠀⠀"Wait... That's why you guys are here." She said in a quiet voice, and he turned around the look at her. "You're here to help us."

⠀⠀⠀Elijah smiled down at her. "You're such a bright witch, Scarlett- I am awfully surprised that you were not placed in Ravenclaw first year." He said, which made a hint of crimson begin to show upon her cheeks.

⠀⠀⠀"Thank you, professor." She said with a small smile.

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, no need to call me that anymore. I'd honestly prefer to be called by my proper name anyways. Do call me Elijah, will you?"