This Wasteland I Find Myself In Part 1

3rd Person POV

A pair of forest green eyes opened slowly the eyes caught sight that they were on the ground however the eyes were looking out of a shattered windshield. Beyond the windshield the eyes could spot destruction on the street, cars crashed or burnt, trash all over the ground flowing in the breeze, and a skyscraper not too far away with fire damage and explosion damage.

The head twisted around to look up and saw the closed door of a vehicle that's when the person realized they were sideways inside a vehicle, their body was slowly becoming conscious again and with some small movements their body and mind was full conscious.

Looking down the person found themselves pressed up against a steering wheel and a seatbelt wrapped over their chest, scooting back from the steering wheel the person unbuckled the seatbelt and attempted to crawl out of their seat and out of the shattered windshield. It was hard and painful in some moments, but the person managed to drag themselves out of the vehicle and onto the ground careful of the broken pieces of glass on the ground.

With a struggle the person stood up and scanned around they were confused when they saw all sorts of destruction, not a single soul was around nor there the feeling that anyone was even around. Looking back at the vehicle the person was in they saw it was firetruck on its side, taking a deep breathe the person tried to recall what happened but problem was they couldn't remember anything. "Okay..." they spoke and from the sound of their voice they were a male, "... I'm a guy, what else?" he asked himself, the man looked at his clothing and figured out by his bunker pants and bunker jacket that he was fireman...wait bunker jacket all fireman jackets have their last names on the back. Unclipping the jacket, the man swung off the heavy jacket and looked at the back of the jacket, 'Jackson'.

He though his last name may remind him of his name, but he still couldn't remember it, swinging the jacket back on the man looked at the truck again and walked around the truck for something that may jog his memory again, however while walking his foot unknowingly stumbled over an object on the ground. Regaining himself he looked back and gasped when he saw the body of another fireman laying face down, lifeless.

Nervously and hesitantly, he turned over the fireman and at first noticed the Halligan tool gripped in his hand but then looked at their face with a bullet hole in their forehead, suddenly in his mind flashed an image of the same fireman. "Tommy?" he said his name shocked; he remembers him and Tommy being colleagues, not exactly the fondest of each other but worked together, nonetheless.

Glancing around his surroundings he looked at the Halligan tool and thought about taking it, but it was wrong but at the same time he was dead, for a moment he thought then he hesitantly grabbed the Halligan in Tommy's hand and slowly pulled it away from Tommy's hands. Standing back up he looked down at Tommy's body saddened but walked away from him, continuing to walk around the truck he saw nothing to remind him of who he was. He found himself right back where he started at the shattered windshield, sighing he placed a hand on his head, he was so confused and lost about what happened and what's going on.

From nearby he jumped when he heard glass shattering, spinning around he looked in the possible direction of the sound and laid eyes on a pitch-black restaurant. Approaching the building curiously, he tried to see inside the best he could, but the building was just too dark. "Hello!" he shouted loud enough for anyone inside the restaurant to hear him but from inside he heard quick shuffling footsteps the sound caused him to back up and place the Halligan in both his hands ready to swing. From the dark emerged a woman lunging fast at him, so fast in fact he was caught off guard but was quick enough to block the person with the Halligan, the woman's eyes had blood leaking from her eyes, purple veins ran up her face, and mouth full of blood. The woman was gripping his arms tightly and to his shock was trying her best to bite him.