Chapter seven

"hey

"hey." eren's emerald eyes meet yours as he taps his finger on the railing.

you look back towards the sky then lean on your elbow. "i think sasha and them are trying to set us up."

you huff at the end of your sentence as eren laughs under his breath. "you think?"

"just ignore them." you mumble out the last part as he hums in response.

"i don't mind." he slowly turns his back to the rail and leans against it.

your eyes shoot towards his face, scanning over it from the click comment he had just made. "i'm trying, but you're not making it very easy."

"really? how so?" he tilts his head to look at you and you realize he had his hair down.

you were wondering why he looked different but hadn't realized why until now.

"i don't know. it's just you?" you shake your head and laugh it off as he smiles.

you drop your gaze below you and let the silence sit for a few seconds. the sound of crickets was all you could hear as your eyes followed the light from firefly's in the distance.

"so, i have a question, but i don't want it to sound weird. so can we act like it's not weird?" eren shifts to the side and leans against the railing the same way but instead facing you.

you furrow your eyebrows confused at his words but then nodded. "sure, go ahead."

"are you seeing anyone right now?" he blurts out the sentence then turns away as you feel your face grow hot.

"what?"

"i just wanted to know, because i don't wanna push any boundaries or anything." he leans into his hand and his cheek squished up as you notice a small blush on them.