All Hail the new King

Cara Cotten sat at the end of one long dining table in the middle of a grassy valley. It was the usual tea spot for Cotten and Abby who were the best of friends, despite their differences and different sanities.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Cara." Abby said as he sat down across from her. He was the only one in all of Wonderland who called her by her first name, besides Cotten's mum, of course.

"It's fine," Cotten answered with a smile as she picked up a teapot cut in half and began pouring tea into each of their cups. She lifted a plateful of biscuits. "Biscuits for you, Abby?"

He nodded, grinning back at her. "Yes, please."

Cotten started a conversation with him on the latest Wonderland gossip. "What do you think of young Prince Valentine becoming the King of Hearts? He's certainly better than his mum. You've met him, right?"

"Of course, he will be!" Abby replied, lifting his teacup up to cheer to the prince that wasn't there. "Val's much kinder and more generous than Mrs. Heart ever was! I mean, he loves my father's special tea blend! His mother didn't and she was a terrible person!"

"Yes, then, the prince will be a great king." Cotten laughed, spilling biscuits and tea onto the ground. The dirt quickly soaked them up like they were water. "All hail Prince Valentine!"

Abby cackled like the maniacs he and his father are. "All hail Prince Valentine!" he agreed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Yay! My writer's block is finally gone! Happy Holidays, everyone!