One True Love

The sun was beating down on us, the Flock, who were hiding from the Erasers in Miami, Florida. I never had felt so exhausted in my whole life. Angel and the Gasman were out picking strawberries, Izzy was cooking lunch, and Fang and I were guarding the place, both of us alert in case there was danger. Fang reached for my hand, and I drew away. "What is it Max?" he asked, "Why won't you let me hold your hand?" Great. Now how was I to supposed to answer that? "Well, we're supposed to be standing guard." That, my friends, was the lamest excuse that was ever uttered. "We won't let that stop us now won't we Max?" I stood silently, thinking. Well I might as well give in, if just for a little bit. I leaned to whisper in his ear, "No,".

He reached for my hand again, and this time I did not withdraw. We sat like that for a little, and then Fang stood up, grinning with that cute smile I had grown to love. The sun was setting, and the heavens were tainted pink, as if urging me to continue in pursuit of love with Fang. " You know Max, when you aren't scowling or cursing, you really don't look that bad." I scowled, causing him to smile, showing his dimples. "You don't say," I said. "You know Fang, you don't look that bad yourself. He grinned, and this time he leaned in.

After a moment's hesitation, I kissed him back. I smiled inwardly, I had never looked at his lips before. They were baby-skin pink, and when they were against my own, they spread a burning sensation throughout my body. The fire spread, catching onto the kindling of my being, until my body was tingling with the pleasance of this new sensation. Why did I not do this before, if I had, I could've enjoyed the fruits of young love way sooner. After like a minute, Fang finally pulled away to breathe. He looked straight into my eyes, his crystal blue ones burning like lasers into my own. " I'm sorry Max, I had to do that, at least once. Listen, Max, do you love me? " His eyes were still unblinking, and I wondered how he could possibly keep them open so long, maybe it was a new skill or something. "Yes, Fang, I do, I've loved you since we first met." He twirled his fingers in my hair, and I rested my head on his chest. I noticed the six-pack abs that he had, how come I never saw this before.

A piercing scream stabbed my conscious, and to my horror, I recognized that voice. It was Angel, my baby Angel. I bolted out of Fang's arms, and shot toward Angel airborne. I saw the Erasers holding her down, keeping her from taking to the skies. I landed beside the pair of Erasers, and kicked one in the chest. He fell to the ground, the soul having already left his body. I ran out of time, and before I knew it, the other was strangling me. I knew I was a goner, but I still clung to the hope that I could save my baby, Angel. But the Eraser had her in a chokehold with his other arm, and at the slightest movement made by me, he would strangle Angel to death.

I didn't know what to do, but luckily, Fang leaped into the scene, pulling the Eraser's arms out of their sockets. The Eraser cried out loud, its cry was filled with pain. I knew it would die, and Fang came over and cradled me with his strong, capable arms, and I cried myself to sleep, deep in the strawberry fields. When I woke up the next morning, Fang was GONE! So was the Eraser, it hadn't died after all. After reality sat in, I realized that my one true love might be gone forever. And I had just learned to love him.

End of Chapter One

Author's Note:
Thanks for reading guys! I'm new to Wattpad, and would appreciate if you left a comment saying if you liked this story or not. Also, tell me if there are any typos or anything like that. Thanks for reading!!!

Eat Girl Scout cookies
Stay Sweet
Bye!